Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Our Spring break is around same time as yours too. Had hoped to visit my father in Florida but since we haven’t had our vaccines yet. Any kind of trip, if going will be drivable kind.
    Yeah, even vaccinated, I don't like the idea of flying, especially with DD. While her cardiologist was reassuring back in September that kids with congenital heart issues would be fine, but the press office at CHOP has released more information since that is not as reassuring. (And I'm not actually talking about multi-system inflammatory syndrome! More here: https://www.chop.edu/news/health-tip...-need-know-now)

I like the idea of Carolinas for you. I’m waiting to do D.C next year or in 2023 as my youngest gets antsy at museums still. JMU is a beautiful campus and area. I would totally do that and stop in DC for 2 days or so to check out couple of specific museums. Leave DH at the hotel. Go to spy museum if your DD is into that.
    I'm still not feeling travel, period. We both have friends in the Triangle area of North Carolina, mostly in the Raleigh area, but I'm still not convinced traveling and eating at restaurants is a good idea.

We took DD to DC when she was in Kindy; she loved it. We spent a lot of time at the National Museum of Air & Space, but I insisted on going to American History. There are a lot of great interactives at both places; I have fond memories of taking my sister to American History when she was in 1st or 2nd grade, too. I made it a point to take her to see the ruby slippers because one of her favorite movies is The Wizard of Oz.
    Last edited by lizzywednesday; 02-23-2021 at 02:14 PM.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I really loved Raleigh for spring break a few years back. It'll be warmer and you can find outdoor restaurant seating. Both the childrens museum (Marbles?) and the natural history museums downtown are fantastic! And there are plenty of good outdoor parks- Pullen Park and drive over to Duke Gardens in Durham.

American History in DC was recently renovated.

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

All of the Smithsonian museums including the National Zoo are closed to guests due to Covid. It is probably not a good time to visit DC.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yesterday I decided to book a few nights at an AirBNB a short drive away in Palm Springs for our spring break. We'll basically being doing what we do at home (cooking, ordering takeout, taking walks/hikes) but in a slightly different spot. I found a pet friendly house, so thankfully we can bring our dog too.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We are doing our very COVID cautious trip to MIL’s beach house... for the fourth or fifth time since COVID began! We gas up with scan n go at Sam’s, bring food in the car, and drive straight there. We do 2-3 grocery pickups for any forgotten art supplies, food, necessities we forgot to pack. We eat in 100%, do solo stuff like rollerblading, walking on the beach, play board games, do art. And then we come back home without stopping. We get a pickup grocery order set for our return, and we go about regular life. The county where the house is is not very COVID conscious, but ours is. (Well, except for the partying college students.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by m4nash View Post
    All of the Smithsonian museums including the National Zoo are closed to guests due to Covid. It is probably not a good time to visit DC.
    Thanks for the reminder!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I really loved Raleigh for spring break a few years back. It'll be warmer and you can find outdoor restaurant seating. Both the childrens museum (Marbles?) and the natural history museums downtown are fantastic! And there are plenty of good outdoor parks- Pullen Park and drive over to Duke Gardens in Durham.

American History in DC was recently renovated.
    Duke Gardens is closed due to the pandemic and winter. No reopening date set.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Duke Gardens is closed due to the pandemic and winter. No reopening date set.

Sad. i figure OP would check all the places while researching options so I was just throwing out random ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Sad. i figure OP would check all the places while researching options so I was just throwing out random ideas.
    Yeah...I was bummed to see that it was! Seems like so many places are still closed/greatly restricted. Can’t wait for regular life to return!!

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    Yesterday I decided to book a few nights at an AirBNB a short drive away in Palm Springs for our spring break. We'll basically being doing what we do at home (cooking, ordering takeout, taking walks/hikes) but in a slightly different spot. I found a pet friendly house, so thankfully we can bring our dog too.
    We used to do this when we lived in LA, but now that we are just about an hour from Palm Springs we can literally do day trips and since we have a pool we don’t need that either, but I hear you on wanting to spend time elsewhere.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast