Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are going skiing. We went at Thanksgiving and I’m good with it. DH and I have had our second shots now but we would have gone anyway. We do get to fly private so that takes away the biggest risk. We don’t do restaurants, etc. Just ski and hang out at the condo.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    My sister wants to go to a Jellystone Park campground, and I'd rather go with her (and her kids!) than go with DH.

He's weird about camping - he keeps bringing it up, but getting him out anywhere without WiFi is like pulling teeth, so I can't see it happening.

We started to talk about what we could do as day-trips, and he's already suggested the shore (we'll be renting for a week in late July) and that's fine. Although figuring out bathroom breaks is going to be challenging.

At this point, since the break is coming up quite soon, I don't think we'll be able to book anything at this point.
    Bathroom breaks should not be an issue, wear your mask, wash hands, sanitize hands when back in the car. Someone earlier mentioned wiping shoes (I feel the actual wiping is more of a nasty task, and honestly floors everywhere, even pre covid were gross, but we remove our shoes in the house always anyway. I know it seems daunting as you have been staying at home, but many of us have been working outside of the home the entire time and have had to use public bathrooms a lot. It is pretty easy to be cautious, and the payoff of getting out can be a huge difference.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Bathroom breaks should not be an issue, wear your mask, wash hands, sanitize hands when back in the car. Someone earlier mentioned wiping shoes (I feel the actual wiping is more of a nasty task, and honestly floors everywhere, even pre covid were gross, but we remove our shoes in the house always anyway. I know it seems daunting as you have been staying at home, but many of us have been working outside of the home the entire time and have had to use public bathrooms a lot. It is pretty easy to be cautious, and the payoff of getting out can be a huge difference.
    DH was severely germ-phobic even in the before times; the current situation has simply exacerbated his issues. He's said he'll pack a 5-gallon bucket, poncho, and camp toilet seat in the back of the car.

I think he's insane. It doesn't mean I'm going to go and pee at ever Parkway rest area, but the prospect doesn't freak me out as much as it does him. Frankly, with all the expected/advertised hygiene theater in public spaces, I'm expecting the experience to be slightly less gross than it would have been the last time we were out & about.

DD masks and washes her hands. We remove shoes inside the house - TBH, this has been a great thing because he NEVER used to take his shoes off inside, even wearing shoes to the bedroom, and now he wears slippers everywhere instead - and he's absorbed a lot of the hygiene theater things that the internet advised in the early days.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Well, we made it to my Mom's house in Lubbock. I can tell you that Governor Abbott's statement on "Texans will continue to do the right thing without a mandate" is complete BS. The first pit stop we made was shocking (although not really, because it's Texas). We were the ONLY people in the entire truck stop wearing masks besides the employees. The next few gas stations were a little better, with anywhere from 25-50% wearing masks. We went out to eat last night (outdoors) and I didn't see any other patrons wearing masks, even on their way in or out. Only a few people on the patio, but inside was packed. My mom keeps asking me if I want to go do anything.

A friend just came back from Florida, and she and her kids were walking down the street wearing masks, and some 20-something guys yelled at them, “YOU DONT NEED MASKS, THIS IS FLORIDA.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH was severely germ-phobic even in the before times; the current situation has simply exacerbated his issues. He's said he'll pack a 5-gallon bucket, poncho, and camp toilet seat in the back of the car.

I think he's insane. It doesn't mean I'm going to go and pee at ever Parkway rest area, but the prospect doesn't freak me out as much as it does him. Frankly, with all the expected/advertised hygiene theater in public spaces, I'm expecting the experience to be slightly less gross than it would have been the last time we were out & about.

DD masks and washes her hands. We remove shoes inside the house - TBH, this has been a great thing because he NEVER used to take his shoes off inside, even wearing shoes to the bedroom, and now he wears slippers everywhere instead - and he's absorbed a lot of the hygiene theater things that the internet advised in the early days.

Well, if he's so worried about going into a restroom, he can pee on the side of the road, honestly, I'm not sure how you have the patience for this man, but that again, is for another day!

Hope you find some balance, I really think you should encourage them to do a daddy/daughter day, and you go get a pedicure and enjoy some time by yourself!

Default Anyone Planning Travel for Spring Break 2021?

My DH is a total germaphobe too. He purchased these “urinals” (pee bottles) before our road trip last summer. DD totally flipped out and said she wouldn’t ride in a car with a pee jug in it. . Fortunately he never used it (he was fine with a N95 mask in public restrooms), but he did take it with him when he had to drive to a remote work location during a snow storm.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    Well, we made it to my Mom's house in Lubbock. I can tell you that Governor Abbott's statement on "Texans will continue to do the right thing without a mandate" is complete BS. The first pit stop we made was shocking (although not really, because it's Texas). We were the ONLY people in the entire truck stop wearing masks besides the employees. The next few gas stations were a little better, with anywhere from 25-50% wearing masks. We went out to eat last night (outdoors) and I didn't see any other patrons wearing masks, even on their way in or out. Only a few people on the patio, but inside was packed. My mom keeps asking me if I want to go do anything.
    Have you seen the pictures from South Padre?? Not a mask in sight. I really feel for the locals.

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    My DH is a total germaphobe too. He purchased these “urinals” (pee bottles) before our road trip last summer. DD totally flipped out and said she wouldn’t ride in a car with a pee jug in it. . Fortunately he never used it (he was fine with a N95 mask in public restrooms), but he did take it with him when he had to drive to a remote work location during a snow storm.

This could be me. This is me. I purchased the disposable pee cups as backup for a road trip last summer. I do think there is a place for them ... but I'm also OK with using public restrooms as necessary (though I do avoid if at all possible).

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post

Sorry for the double post

This could be me. This is me. I purchased disposable pee cups as backup for a road trip last summer. I do think there is a place for them ... but I'm also OK with using public restrooms as necessary (though I do avoid if at all possible).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast