Elephantmeg I'm so impressed with your success on Noom, congratulations! I'm particularly impressed you were able to do that this past year as a covid nurse.

I'm actually in my 3rd time doing Noom (w/out much success) I never make it past more than a couple weeks, and like previous posters my coaches felt like bots and I just couldn't get into participating in the group chat. I do like the daily little snippets, even though a lot of the intro content is things I already knew/was doing. I kept signing up b/c I keep hoping it will keep me accountable to my goals. I will say that my coach this most recent time has been the best of the 3, def a real person. My biggest gripe was the food tracker was just too simplistic, if I'm going to go to the trouble of logging food I don't want color coded, I want more nutritional information so I can make my own decisions based on things other than calories. (I know the color coding was based on things in addition to calories, but still I want to see)

So a friend recently recommended the "I" (for Instinct) diet a couple weeks ago so I bought that book. I'm not sold on the diet itself, like Noom it seems to gloss over things that have gotten a lot more traction in recent years (watching carbs, not being so concerned about fat, intermittent fasting, etc.) without really saying why it's so focused on calories and not these other factors. It also relies at least in the first 2 weeks on a lot of sugar free/low or fat free foods which I really don't like, I'd rather have 1/2 the portion of the real deal. So it feels a bit date in this regard and almost insulting in 2021 unless this is the first time you've ever tried to lose weight. But I what I did like about the book was how she talked about the other factors that come into play when we're eating (i.e. the instincts). So atm I'm doing her diet (w/a few mods), using a better food tracker (Carb Manager) and checking into noom for the articles since my sub doesn't expire til may What's funny is that I think Noom is relying a lot of the I diet's author for content. They don't say that explicitly but they reference studies she did and talks about in the book, and say things like 'researchers at Tufts' (which is where she's from). And they have a very similar approach to food.