Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DH is colorblind and he's perfectly fine driving. There are different types of colorblindedness- he has trouble with shades within a color family, and also with colors that are similar tones like blue and purple. However, it hasn't affected his ability to drive, at least as far as I can tell!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

color blind DH here and he's fine driving, though he does sometimes get confused with the flashing orange/yellow (if it's yellow or red) in some situations.

color blindness in males is extremely common, i think like 10% of men, so i don't think it's as big an issue for driving. I think they learn to adapt. DH's brother is also color-blind, as was his grandfather.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    color blind DH here and he's fine driving, though he does sometimes get confused with the flashing orange/yellow (if it's yellow or red) in some situations.

color blindness in males is extremely common, i think like 10% of men, so i don't think it's as big an issue for driving. I think they learn to adapt. DH's brother is also color-blind, as was his grandfather.
    Yes, it is the flashing orange/yellow lights that he gets confused by. And the blinking arrows. Glad to know that even with this issue, he can be a safe driver!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Yes, it is the flashing orange/yellow lights that he gets confused by. And the blinking arrows. Glad to know that even with this issue, he can be a safe driver!
    yeah i think the main issue with DH is when it is one of those SINGLE flashing orange lights at an intersection (not the standard 3 in the row, of green, orange, red) -because then he doesn't also have the light order to deduce what color it is. I think most of hte time when it is one light by itself it is clear to deduce if it is orange or red, but sometimes in bad lighting , it is difficult for him to tell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2