Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I guess this could be the case, and boy is it awful!!!

OK so I'm purposely not going to use the term "b*tch" because that's typically reserved for women (and I'm only assuming your boss was a woman, which I don't know). Man or woman or anything in between, THIS is such an A$$HOLE thing to do. Your boss is an A$$SHOLE. I cannot even make up a valid excuse for that kind of behavior.
    Woman boss. And completely the kind of person mspacman is talking about. All the leadership was at that company, you climbed the ladder by stepping on everyone below you. It's why I refused to work anything other than the evening shift when management had all gone home. Ha ha.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Last week, my state was expecting a monster ice storm that ended up petering out. I work on the communications team, so before the storm, we sent out various emails to employees. While they were all kind and said mostly the right things, there was a line that said people could get permission to come into the office and work if they lost internet and/or power. My first thought was even if the roads were safe enough to drive, people might have more pressing matters to attend to, especially if they had kids.

I agree the pandemic has blurred the lines between home and work. It's amazing the number of emails and Team messages that fly back and forth between 5 and 6 p.m., with the expectation of getting a prompt response. In the office, most folks are heading for the doors no later than 5:15.

I'm sorry that happened, OP.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

This is so ridiculous. I'm sorry!
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ugh, that's terrible I would be sad and upset as well.
    Sending prayers and well wishes to all those affected, here from us in NE. No power, no heat, deadly cold temps, no running water etc - it takes a real toll, physically and mentally. Your office should have given you time off until things settled and you were ready, yeesh. I would feel pretty bitter honestly.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm really sorry. That is so surprising, so insensitive, and hurtful. It all just stinks. And to think that that was the response AFTER you told them about your situations boggles the mind. Heartless.
    K

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I just saw this and I’m so sorry. I hope in the last 2 weeks someone from your company asked about your well-being even if just as an afterthought.

We care about you here!!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You know, the more I try not to stew about this, the more I stew, LOL. I think you guys are right - all these women in higher-level positions do NOT subscribe to the "women lifting up women" thing at my company, even if they say they do. They just want to make themselves look as good as possible, and will throw someone else under the bus to do so. I know of at least a few cases here of people leaving to go to another company because they couldn't stand their woman boss. I have also noticed woman bosses making things REALLY difficult for a woman employee, but NOT for a male employee at an equivalent position. Why???

I'm at a mid-level position (but came from a very senior level position in a slightly different industry) so I see both sides of the coin. It makes me want to tough it out so that I can work my way to a higher level position here so that I can be a woman lifting up other women. I know that for me, and most other women in this industry, we do our very best work when our leaders support us and care.

So...thank you all for caring!! Be a woman leader who cares!!!
    Last edited by twowhat?; 03-13-2021 at 01:32 PM.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am just seeing this. Just wanted to say that I am sorry that happened to you! We do care about you here!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It's amazing how the lines between work and home life have blurred during the pandemic. My dear niece was called to an "emergency" 7pm meeting a couple of weeks ago. (That really could have waited; but that's another post...) She didn't have her zoom camera on, but had participated in the discussion. Near the end of the meeting, the female boss called her out in from of the group about not having her camera on. She snapped back - I'm nursing the baby, do you REALLY want me to turn it on????

There needs to be more care that workers have a life outside of the job.

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I too have seen women "leaders" making working life difficult for other women and not men. It's a head scratcher for sure. Unfortunately, it is one reason that I prefer working for men. A shame, isn't it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast