Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you for all your advice and really for just being a place to hash out all the thoughts around in my head. I really appreciate all the viewpoints, all the expertise and all the experience. What would I do without the BBB?

I'm inclined to sign him up. I'd rather forfeit the money (I think) than risk losing out on potential benefits. He's an exceptional test taker. So I'm going to leave the door open on all of them! Here's hoping the COVID situation AND the anxiety situation will have tamped down a bit by the time of the tests which are in almost 3 months!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Thank you for all your advice and really for just being a place to hash out all the thoughts around in my head. I really appreciate all the viewpoints, all the expertise and all the experience. What would I do without the BBB?

I'm inclined to sign him up. I'd rather forfeit the money (I think) than risk losing out on potential benefits. He's an exceptional test taker. So I'm going to leave the door open on all of them! Here's hoping the COVID situation AND the anxiety situation will have tamped down a bit by the time of the tests which are in almost 3 months!
    I was just going to suggest this very thing! Unless there's a huge penalty for not taking the test, then I think it's worth it to sign up now. Best case scenario, he takes it and does great. Worst case scenario, you choose to skip it and can't get a refund. Obviously a bummer to waste the money, but if it's already earmarked for this test and you have the funds, I think it's worth it. A lot can change in 3 months and it would be a big bummer to be three months from now and feeling confident he's ready for the test, but you didn't sign up. Also - you are a great mom!
    Lizi

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Just wanted to echo that this makes sense (especially given he's generally a good test taker). As long as your school won't penalize him for not taking it, there's no penalty from a College Board perspective - you just lose the money
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If he's a good test taker, hopefully that means testing doesn't cause anxiety so no question.. personally I would sign him up if you are ok with losing the money, in case something comes up.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Is it even an option not to take it? Our school requires taking the test.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Totally optional at our school.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Often it's better to retake in-major classes at the college just to makes sure he has all the background they think he does. So skipping physics might not be an issue really.

And if he's stressing too much, it's really just not worth it.
    Kris

Post below
    Last edited by solsister; 02-27-2021 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Change

[QUOTE=solsister;4391923] If there is no financial concern, I'd sign him up and then let him decide as he gets closer to the date. See how he’s feeling closer to the date. I believe there are refunds by a certain date, but could be different this year. Honestly, it’s hard to make any sort of plan with confidence when we have no idea what the future holds.

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    A lot can change in 3 months and it would be a big bummer to be three months from now and feeling confident he's ready for the test, but you didn't sign up. Also - you are a great mom!
    ITA. You've already got some great perspectives. Between now and May, your DS should be feeling significantly better with the med/counseling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast