Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my gosh! I hate the system the school is using! My kids would be in the "poors" lines. Not because of funds but because I'm a scrooge and won't give a smart phone to kids until 9th grade, lol! (I'm assuming this is not high school?) But that's just...

Our school will start in person (hybrid) on Monday. We've opted to stay remote but the kids that are attending will need to print out a form and bring it in each day. They are passing out forms for each kid for the days they attend so there is no issue of not having a printer or paper.

Ugh, the two different lines is itching for trouble.

I have a 5th and 8th grader fully remote this year. My 11th grader has been registered as an "in person" learner but this has been fully remote, hybrid, back to remote, back to hybrid, and is now switching to fully in person. Hybrid for HS is 1/2 day, so they block schedule and get each class for 45 minutes every other day. Teachers teach half the class in morning and half in afternoon. MS is also split but does every other day instead of half days.

Students going into the buildings do not have daily temperature or health screenings. District has pushed general guidelines parents had to agree to for the year, but nothing daily.

HS will be dealing with a large number eating lunch for the first time next week. They've blocked more lunch periods and spread tables in a gym and lobby for more seating. Each class is assigned an area and time to eat, but students may select their seat. Eat seat has a QR code they are supposed to scan when eating at that spot. There is an assumption of a phone for this. But there is also a website with online checkin and every student does have a chromebook.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I should have clarified. Ours is online but the kids don’t need to show anything upon arrival. The school uses a google form and gets transmitted to the school.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have been in person all year and no screenings done. Kids ride the bus kids go to school. Masks are worn and when the health dept alerts the school and they contact trace anyone that meets that criteria. 7 days with neg PCR or 10 days with out.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We’ve been fully in-person all year. Parents take temps at home. Temp of 100.0 stay home. Parents have to complete an intake form online before drop off. Kids have a bar code on their ids. Upon arrival at school temps are taken and cards are scanned. If you’ve filled out the online form, kids enter and go to classes. If you didn’t fill out the form, a message pops up when they scan their card. The staff then asks the student to answer the questions and then sends them off to classes. There are several entrances spread out on campus so there isn’t much of a bottleneck at any one entrance.

wendibird22 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

In person all year. School sends a google form once every two weeks that parent completes attesting to taking kids temp every day and that it’s below 100.5 and attest to no symptoms, no exposure, and no out of state travel. I’m certain few parents are actually still taking temps every day. School does not do temp checks or any other daily screening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That is awful. Ours is a daily health attestation ..... on the honor system.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

In school full-time since August and no app or online screenings. Parents and kids agreed to monitor health at home and not send sick kids to school. Yes, we have cases, but no in-school spread.

After school visitors have to do an app, but that is as much for tracing if needed than anything else.
    Kris

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We don’t have to do anything. All of this sounds performative, and a waste of time.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The two lines are just a recipe for disaster!!!

Our small private school does a temp check every day for everyone entering the building...students, staff, visitors, ect. I think they ask the kids if they are feeling okay, but I am not sure if that still happens. The rest is the honor system.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast