Default Boating in Northeast in April?

We’re considering taking a week to rent a place in mid-April for a change of scenery. We’ve been super-careful/locked down, so we don’t want to venture too far...which leaves us in the Northeast. I’m starting to look at places in “the mountains” but also wondering if any places with lakes (Lakes Region of NH, Lake George, Lake Placid, Lake Champlain) would be feasible to take out motor boats at that time of year...and if there would even be any to rent.

Any thoughts or even suggestions on places? DH would want a more “luxurious” house...

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Most places won't have their boats in yet, many lakes are still too cold and most places won't have them out of dry dock yet. Kayak and canoes maybe but they can just be put in the water.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It’s not uncommon for some of those lakes to still have ice in April. I don’t think boat rentals typically start until Memorial Day.

Agree with the previous poster. I live among lakes and boating season doesn’t start in April, sorry to say.

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Our marina hasn't posted the date they will put boats in water, but mid-april is really the earliest time, and mostly that is for sailboats on the coast like ours.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

Boats to be taken out on lakes or along the coastal isn’t ready at your timeline where I am. Earliest many consider is late April to mid May.

Other option is stay at a rented houseboat that is docked at the harbor 24/7. You can stay and deboard from harbor to sightsee around the town/city. I did that with my girlfriends for a milestone birthday one summer and it was so much fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Thanks for these responses! Helpful as I think about this...

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains