Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    There's a disconnect between what people say they'll do and what they actually do. The county I live in ranks well according to that NYT map, but the actual numbers say differently, with less than 30% of eligible people in my county who are fully vaccinated as of May 1.

I hope that changes when the vaccines get FDA approval, but I honestly don't think it's going to make that big of a difference...

This is why I want my kids vaccinated so badly. There's no way for us to change others' behavior, which makes it extra critical that we do what we can to protect ourselves.
    I’m with you on this especially with the fast mutating variants elsewhere that are eventually going to come here. With the variants in India for instance, younger people seem to be affected a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    If it doesn't happen this week, I am going to go crazy. Everyone is like life back to normal here...and I want my kids vaccinated!

First, a huge thank you to you and your DD for choosing to participate in the study. The Novovax vaccine is looking pretty darned good so far. You can drop out of a clinical trial at any time...but I think for now I'd wait and see...even if Pfizer is authorized this week, that doesn't mean that you can immediately go out and get it. Each state will have some roll-out plan for this, and it's possible some states may hold off on 12-15 in order to try to get more adults vaccinated...but I don't know. So wait and see. If in your state you find that it's super easy to get an appointment for your DD2 for Pfizer, then yeah...I'd be really really tempted to just get her vaccinated. I hope that this week brings some more definitive answers so that you can make a decision!
    She decided to go ahead with the study instead of Pzifer.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    That is so awesome! DS really wanted to be in a study but the Moderna one at a site near us got cancelled. They just called us to see if we were interested in the Novavax trial and while he wants to do it, he wants the vaccine more so he can hang out with friends. So he decided to wait for the approval.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That's about as selfless of a decision possible. I really commend your DD!!! I believe the company will do its due diligence to unblind the study if the data are positive enough (or not), or otherwise strategically move forward blinded (eg blinded crossover) in order to make vaccine available to placebo recipients.

That's a truly admirable decision and I thank you and your DD. The data I've seen on the Novavax vaccine have been promising.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

zukeypur, thanks so much to you and your dd. That really is so admirable and selfless.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14