Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I know so many people who have had both, and the side effects have been none to minimal for all but one (I work in a nursing home and have many friends in the industry, so I'd say hundreds of people)so I wouldn't be too concerned. If you can take those days it's great, but probably not necessary. We were glad it didn't impact us and we all got it on the same day (the pharmacy comes to the nursing homes to give the vaccine).
    Thanks, I’m probably overthinking it. I normally tolerate all vaccines and medicines well so I’m sure the 2d Moderna will be fine ��

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'd clear your calendar for the day after the shot if you can but really there's no way to tell what kind of reaction you'll have, if any. My entire family all had Pfizer and I'm the only one who was knocked down by the second dose (like, I felt REALLY bad - shaking chills, all-over body aches, swollen lymph nodes...). My MIL had Moderna and had a mild fever and fatigue the day after the second dose, but that's it.

I will say that despite feeling like I was hit by a bus, I have never been so happy to feel so sick I have a sedentary computer job, so I powered through the next day (I'm sure it wasn't my best work but I also didn't want to take the day off given past lack of compassion for taking sick days...). So you could power through if you had a desk job maybe. I felt totally back to normal after 36 hours but did have some lingering fatigue all week, which I can't attribute to the vaccine because my allergies were also really bad with the joys of mountain cedar.

I have never been so happy to feel so sick!!! LOL!!! I am sure my kids thought I was crazy...

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I'd clear your calendar for the day after the shot if you can but really there's no way to tell what kind of reaction you'll have, if any. My entire family all had Pfizer and I'm the only one who was knocked down by the second dose (like, I felt REALLY bad - shaking chills, all-over body aches, swollen lymph nodes...). My MIL had Moderna and had a mild fever and fatigue the day after the second dose, but that's it.

I will say that despite feeling like I was hit by a bus, I have never been so happy to feel so sick I have a sedentary computer job, so I powered through the next day (I'm sure it wasn't my best work but I also didn't want to take the day off given past lack of compassion for taking sick days...). So you could power through if you had a desk job maybe. I felt totally back to normal after 36 hours but did have some lingering fatigue all week, which I can't attribute to the vaccine because my allergies were also really bad with the joys of mountain cedar.

I have never been so happy to feel so sick!!! LOL!!! I am sure my kids thought I was crazy...
    Did you have any reaction with the first shot? I got Pfizer Thursday night (the pharmacy had a left over that was going to be thrown away!) and my arm hurt when I woke up. My noon yesterday I was starting to feel sick. No fever, just that chilly, lethargic dull headache I’m gonna get sick feeling. Nothing I couldn’t power through, and it passed after a few hours but still made me wonder what I’m in for with my second shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Did you have any reaction with the first shot? I got Pfizer Thursday night (the pharmacy had a left over that was going to be thrown away!) and my arm hurt when I woke up. My noon yesterday I was starting to feel sick. No fever, just that chilly, lethargic dull headache I’m gonna get sick feeling. Nothing I couldn’t power through, and it passed after a few hours but still made me wonder what I’m in for with my second shot.
    I had a sore arm with my first shot and that's it. Every person is different though, so who knows!!

Default Any new stats on kids and Long Haul COVID19?

DH and I had Moderna. With my first shot I just had a sore arm, similar to how it felt with the tetanus booster. With the second, my arm wasn’t as sore. The next day I felt a little “off” like the day before you get a bad cold but had no issues working. By that night I was fine except a little more tired than usual for a couple days but just went to bed a little earlier than usual.
    DH was similar for the first shot. The second he had a mild headache the next day but that was it. He saw a full load of patients that day without issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

A new study came out yesterday on long COVID. It's an adult study (not kids) but I would think the findings would roughly translate to kids as well, though with kids in general being at much lower risk of severe disease/long COVID.

This study found that women, older age, and asthma were significantly associated with long COVID. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01292-y

This doesn't make me feel any better since in my mind this keeps my kids in a "higher risk" group since they have asthma, although overall they are "lower risk" simply by being kids. Ugh, the pediatric vaccines cannot come soon enough.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

A new study came out yesterday on long COVID. It's an adult study (not kids) but I would think the findings would roughly translate to kids as well, though with kids in general being at much lower risk of severe disease/long COVID.

This study found that women, older age, and asthma were significantly associated with long COVID. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01292-y

This doesn't make me feel any better since in my mind this keeps my kids in a "higher risk" group since they have asthma, although overall they are "lower risk" simply by being kids. Ugh, the pediatric vaccines cannot come soon enough.
    Thank you for posting this. What I found interesting is that statistics showed that individuals with 5 symptoms (fatigue, headache, dyspnea, hoarse voice and myalgia) in the first week of infection indicated a greater likelihood of covid symptoms lasting greater than 28 days. This is both men and women.

Im very impatiently waiting for studies of stats on children. Our boys scout troop made the sloppy decision of having winter survival camp meeting this past weekend. They all slept inside together in bunkbeds. One of them had covid so now everyone is scrambling to get tested. I insisted that DH attend with Ds and that they not stay overnight and spend most of their time outside. When inside they were the only ones wearing masks. Now I’m being hailed as the “smart parent” of the group. But when they take these risks and my family doesn’t and everyone comes out healthy we are frowned on as “the difficult family.”
    Why can’t all adults just grow up?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Same here. It was a work from home day for me and so I worked from the couch and periodically took 20min naps.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    If there was a congenital heart defect they didn't know about? ...
    Per DD's cardiologist this past September, children with congenital heart defect/disease at CHOP have not been impacted more by COVID-19, even the ones who require hospitalization whenever they are ill.

I didn't read the Cleveland Clinic link upthread, but did poke around CHOP's site to find information that might help OP:

From March 2021 - CHOP Experts Discuss COVID-19 Hot Topics: https://www.chop.edu/news/leaders-ac...-19-hot-topics

From March 2021 - Podcast Episode Discussing Cardiac Complications of COVID-19 in Children: https://www.chop.edu/health-resource...ildren-podcast

From November 2020 - COVID-19 in Children is "Typically" Mild: https://www.chop.edu/news/study-invo...-mild-children

From August 2020 - CHOP Podcast Series on COVID-19 Topics: https://www.chop.edu/news/children-s...podcast-series

From July 2020 - MIS-C Differs from Long-COVID in Children: https://www.chop.edu/news/chop-resea...id-19-children

From June 2020 - Susceptibility of Children to COVID-19: https://www.chop.edu/news/journals-s...ldren-covid-19
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

DH was able to get the J&J vaccine yesterday morning as NYC is giving that one overnight. As of today, his only reaction is a sore arm. He willingly chose the J&J because appointments for the others are booking into May now at the state run sites nearby and getting an appointment through the county is like winning the lotto.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast