gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Any engineers here that can recommend a software for commercial machinery maintenance

A nonprofit where I volunteer is looking for a software that would help us budget for large machinery maintenance and replacement. There are 3 buildings now on our campus with 5 or more boilers, individual heating and air conditioning systems, lift stations, and several other very expensive pieces of machinery. Maintenance of our grounds and buildings requires four full time employees. A software that helps track maintenance and costs would be really helpful. Can anyone here recommend something? I know there are several engineers here so I just thought I’d ask. TIA!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    A nonprofit where I volunteer is looking for a software that would help us budget for large machinery maintenance and replacement. There are 3 buildings now on our campus with 5 or more boilers, individual heating and air conditioning systems, lift stations, and several other very expensive pieces of machinery. Maintenance of our grounds and buildings requires four full time employees. A software that helps track maintenance and costs would be really helpful. Can anyone here recommend something? I know there are several engineers here so I just thought I’d ask. TIA!
    I don't know of a software that could do that, but at my firm, we'd do a quick study of the facilities and lay out a plan and projected costs for future maintenance and replacement. I'd maybe reach out to one of the firms who did the initial lift station or whatever.

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You're looking for a CMMS, computerized maintenance management system.

There are a number of vendors. You may want to check with your HVAC service firm to see if they have any systems they prefer.

gatorsmom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Zansu View Post
    You're looking for a CMMS, computerized maintenance management system.

There are a number of vendors. You may want to check with your HVAC service firm to see if they have any systems they prefer.
    We were hoping this would help with budgeting. Our HVAC service firm doesn’t provide this.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Maybe ask your local Commercial Real Estate Council/organization for a building management company contact who could give suggestions.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10