Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I heard on the radio this morning that talks have started in Utah about lifting covid restrictions also. Not sure of how soon or anything though.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m currently in GA with no mask mandate but every place I have been has one. If it is not a county or city order then the business has one. I stopped in a grocery store and everyone was masked.

I’m not sure if the people in TX will behave the same way but let’s hope. It’s such a ridiculous political call by the governor.

DH and I have told kids we will be masking at least through end of this year.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post

I’m not sure if the people in TX will behave the same way but let’s hope. It’s such a ridiculous political call by the governor.
    I kinda doubt it. I follow a few bloggers in the Dallas area, including one that's a teacher, and I haven't seen any masks in their photos for a couple of months.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’m currently in GA with no mask mandate but every place I have been has one. If it is not a county or city order then the business has one. I stopped in a grocery store and everyone was masked.

DH and I have told kids we will be masking at least through end of this year.
    I was reading something from a business owner in a state that lifted its mandate (maybe Iowa?) and they said that customers had become very problematic and not willing to comply with the businesses’ masking guidelines. Sounded very frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Texans will exercise their right to not wear masks.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I was reading something from a business owner in a state that lifted its mandate (maybe Iowa?) and they said that customers had become very problematic and not willing to comply with the businesses’ masking guidelines. Sounded very frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Yes, it leaves the business in the position of policing the public. In a state with so many personal firearms that will be deadly.

Such a mess. We will never get ahead of this virus if this keeps up with individual states deciding what to do.

This just makes me so glad I live in a state that cares about its citizens, mask mandates is strict and restaurants is still only open at 25% capacity. I was on the fence about getting a vaccine few months ago, but after I realized how long this is dragging on and want to protect myself as much I can, I signed up. Getting my first shot tomorrow and am I ever so grateful!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Missouri has NEVER had a mask mandate. Perhaps you will see some of your more intelligent counties have mandates of their own? That's how it is here. My county has one, and we just stay local as much as possible.
    Our county is super red and we don't go out much especially here but everywhere we do go requires masks anyway. Walmart (have maybe been inside Walmart once), masks required. Costco, indoor soccer, schools.. Gas stations are iffy (and my sister is a manager at QT so it drives me nuts but somehow she hasn't gotten covid and neither has her husband who is a manager at a different store- they have both been tested a few times as many of their coworkers have gotten it.) It's still annoying that there is no mask mandate but at this point I honestly don't think it would actually make much of a difference. The people that are vehemently anti mask aren't going to suddenly wear masks just because of a mandate and hopefully already had covid anyway.

We barely ever have gone to restaurants but I am pretty sure they have always been open at regular capacity since like June. A couple months ago I picked up Texas Roadhouse to go and the parking lot was so full I had to drive around it three times to find a spot to go up to the window (did not have to go inside!) and get our food, it was so crowded. I could see people standing shoulder to shoulder waiting for tables inside.
    Last edited by AngB; 03-03-2021 at 12:08 AM.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

I never hear people discuss the group of people who won't participate in the economy and patronize stores or restaurants without masking and precautions in place. If our family doesn't feel safe, we stay home. I'm guessing there are fewer and fewer of us out there, but I walked right out of a restaurant last week where I was planning to place a to-go order for a family of 5. No one in the kitchen had a mask on and several in front had it below their nose.

Our state does have a mask mandate, but in the last week, I've noticed a move towards less compliance, which was only good in the less rural areas. I'm guessing the dropping (until this week) case numbers, vaccines, and nicer weather make people want to live more freely. I've had my first shot, DH is eligible to schedule as of today. We don't plan to stop masking anytime soon.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There was a period of time yesterday when I thought this was just a rumor because it's SO unbelievably stupid. And all the work people have put into getting vaccines out as quickly as possible? It's as if he's kicking them all to the curb now. So much of this hard work is going to waste because of him extending the period of time until we reach herd immunity, not to mention herd immunity is actually now at jeopardy as variants make their climb and current vaccines are less efficacious against some of them. OMG I want to scream.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast