Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default TX governor ending mask mandate, will open state 100% and

Our state has seen a lot of sickness and death recently and now this... I seriously cannot believe this

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...-restrictions/

My virtual schooling group is now full of parents who were planning for their kids to go back on person for last quarter but now quickly changing back to virtual because of this. It will be much harder to enforce mask usage at school due to this.

For podcast/news junkies - NY times “The Daily” podcast just had a episode yesterday focusing on the fallout of the Texas storm/outages couple weeks ago. It covered 3 women (moms ) in Dallas area. The stories were heartbreaking. Moms trying to provide for their kids with no power, holes in their roof. Two of them had actually suffered financially due to Covid prior to the storm that wrecked their home.

The message I repeatedly hear loud and clear from TX government is “sorry - every man for himself!” Who cares if people are suffering and dying.

It is really hard to get a vaccine here. I can’t even sign up for waitlist in my county who stopped taking waitlist signups three weeks ago. DH (1B) has only gotten his first dose.

Sorry - I am beyond frustrated. Mods- feel free to move to different forum if needed.

Edit- sorry title is messed up , I can’t change it on my phone
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 03-02-2021 at 04:59 PM.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There go my tentative plans to visit this summer. Dumb and dumber.....sounds like when they opened things back up last spring. If they would just give it another 6 - 8 weeks they could save so many lives.
    Last edited by jgenie; 03-02-2021 at 05:13 PM.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just saw this. I'm in a Trump state and people have already been posting that they should "move to Texas" because mask wearing is ridiculous and the TX governor is doing things right. I'm sorry for those of you who live there and have to deal with this.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Missouri has NEVER had a mask mandate. Perhaps you will see some of your more intelligent counties have mandates of their own? That's how it is here. My county has one, and we just stay local as much as possible.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

My mom just texted me that she's having a mask burning party. I hope she's being facetious. I responded with a face palm emoji, and told her that we're not coming for spring break if she stops wearing her mask. I'm 100% not kidding. I told my dad the same thing, to which he agreed and said he wasn't going to just stop taking precautions because he's vaccinated (they are divorced). My mom still hasn't responded. I don't know what we will do about school. DD3 is really thriving in face to face school, but I do not feel comfortable with this.

He did this on Texas Independence Day, which I guarantee is not a coincidence.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

In MA they are opening up all the restaurants to full capacity. Meanwhile, most schools are not open full time yet, and the case numbers have plateaued. I'd prefer to keep going harder for a few weeks longer too.

TX is crazy. It's like a whole different world.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Missouri has NEVER had a mask mandate. Perhaps you will see some of your more intelligent counties have mandates of their own? That's how it is here. My county has one, and we just stay local as much as possible.
    Our Atty General sued our counties that had a mandate.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Dollars to donuts they'll blame Biden when the case numbers go up.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    Dollars to donuts they'll blame Biden when the case numbers go up.
    Ugh, I didn't even think of that. Of course.

This is frustrating on so many levels. It isn't like people are staying in their states. If Texas is open it'll absolutely mean that other states will be affected.

Default TX governor ending mask mandate, will open state 100% and

Iowa never had a real mask mandate and our governor ended the limited mandate and lifted all restrictions a month or so ago.
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 03-02-2021 at 07:38 PM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast