Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    I never hear people discuss the group of people who won't participate in the economy and patronize stores or restaurants without masking and precautions in place. If our family doesn't feel safe, we stay home. I'm guessing there are fewer and fewer of us out there, but I walked right out of a restaurant last week where I was planning to place a to-go order for a family of 5. No one in the kitchen had a mask on and several in front had it below their nose.
    This is us. We can't patronize local businesses anymore due to poor mask compliance by employees and other patrons. We are big believers in shopping local and supporting our small businesses. We'd be happy to if everyone wore masks. We cannot because they don't. It would make it a lot easier for us to support the local economy if it were safe to do so. I'll these folks saying mask mandates are hurting their business have it backwards.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by newnana View Post
    This is us. We can't patronize local businesses anymore due to poor mask compliance by employees and other patrons. We are big believers in shopping local and supporting our small businesses. We'd be happy to if everyone wore masks. We cannot because they don't. It would make it a lot easier for us to support the local economy if it were safe to do so. I'll these folks saying mask mandates are hurting their business have it backwards.
    Are masks required where you live? Our county has an easy system for reporting businesses that violate rules like mask use, distancing, capacity... I admit to filling one out for a bold and proud business defying all restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Are masks required where you live? Our county has an easy system for reporting businesses that violate rules like mask use, distancing, capacity... I admit to filling one out for a bold and proud business defying all restrictions.

There is a mask mandate in our state. Those that oppose it say a mandate is not a law, so they aren't required. I have nothing nice to say

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by newnana View Post
    There is a mask mandate in our state. Those that oppose it say a mandate is not a law, so they aren't required. I have nothing nice to say
    Are there fines or consequences? There are here.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Are there fines or consequences? There are here.

There are no consequences in NC despite the mask mandate. Lots of informal avenues of mask compliance/noncompliance reporting so Covid-conscious people can avoid those businesses but no true enforcement. It's mostly good in our area but drive 30 minutes to more rural areas and it's a different story. Sadly, we've been patronizing more corporate stores and restaurants as it feels safer. It's probably the same in many locales.

I've traveled to multiple mid-Atlantic and southern states for sports. Some felt safe and no worries from us. Others were very different with venue capacities, masking and attitudes despite mask mandates in the particular cities where we were. It's the attitude that feels different and the local acquired definition of masking. I find it extremely interesting to see the variation from place to place. I travel with my well-fitting N95.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

In theory, there are fines that vary county to county. The mandate is not enforced. We live on the border of 2 rural counties that vary widely. The worse of the 2 actually has no hospitals with an ICU and would have to go to the other county to be treated. It's just gross.

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

This is crazy and I get why people are so mad but also, there are around 20 (?) states I think that never even had mask mandates. I am going to Florida next week that doesn't have one, but I think the area where we will be does. We won't be going anywhere anyway. This could have all gone so much better grrr.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ezcc View Post
    This is crazy and I get why people are so mad but also, there are around 20 (?) states I think that never even had mask mandates. I am going to Florida next week that doesn't have one, but I think the area where we will be does. We won't be going anywhere anyway. This could have all gone so much better grrr.
    Florida is pretty much if you dont see a specific sign people arent wearing them. Kids wear them to school specific stores require them inside but everything has been open full capacity for a while. the market I go to most often doesn't require them. Out doors for get it maybe 20% walking down the street
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

JamiMac is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default TX governor ending mask mandate, will open state 100% and

Such a stupid decision on the governor’s part. I’m in Collin county, just north of Dallas county. It’s been an interesting response on social media in regards to how people are taking this. I would say it’s a mix, but heavily on the side of what the he$& is he thinking. There is, of course, a subset of people that think it’s about time. Much smaller than you would think though. My husband and I were listening to the local sports radio talk show this morning and it was the topic of discussion and they were interviewing people. They think his decision was also wreckless and the consensus was most would still wear the mask. I’m sure this is bound to change in the next few weeks. Public schools are following TEA so masks are still mandatory. They’ve done a great job of opening schools with very little transmission, so I hope so.
    I saw another poster questioned if people were even wearing masks in Dallas. Up to this point I have not been anywhere indoors since last April where everyone was not in a mask. I work in health care around the Dallas area and am constantly in and out of medical clinics, urgent cares and pharmacies, of course everyone is masked there, but also in any store, restaurants, etc. I saw a man in a convenience store without a mask and he completely stood out. Like I said, I’m sure this will change, but hopefully not vastly. We are moving towards lower numbers and getting the vaccine rolled out, too. Such bad timing on the governor’s part. I won’t be surprised if Abbott is not re-elected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JamiMac; 03-03-2021 at 02:41 PM.
    DD 2001
    DD 2004
    DS 2007

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3