Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A wwyd

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have been there, it feels ridiculous to keep them home...

DC has recurring sore throats, we know this. We ALL know this (school, pediatrician, ENT). However, now every sore throat triggers a covid test and at least a week out of school since they cannot attend with a sore throat! Once the test comes back negative and the sore throat goes away back to school they go. It is so incredibly frustrating, but necessary in these crazy times...

I am sorry you are going through this, it is all so hard!

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks. I talked to our head of school and am waiting on his pediatrician for next steps. He’s feeling plenty good enough to drive me nuts (my 2nd vax was yesterday and I am definitely having the side effects). Lol.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Must be a nightmare for anyone who has allergies. Even before Covid it would be confusing but right now the stakes are so high.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Are there any allergies? Mine have really started to pick up in the last week. If so, see if medicating for those helps kill the cough.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Oh I have allergies and it was a constant game of Covid or allergies. They improve in winter but I constantly have drainage and throat clearing. I know what it is but I’ve not been without a drink all year to prevent coughing in public.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Oh I have allergies and it was a constant game of Covid or allergies. They improve in winter but I constantly have drainage and throat clearing. I know what it is but I’ve not been without a drink all year to prevent coughing in public.
    Me too! I wake up with a sore throat and runny nose every day. I have woken up in the middle of the night thinking it was Covid, but it improves during the day. Sneezing continues, though, which is mortifying nowadays.

Same. I often wake up with an irritated or slightly sore throat. Some days it's sinus congestion/pressure/headaches, other days it's drainage/post-nasal drip. Sneezing likes to show up occasionally, too. It's always fun to do that in public, although I don't think sneezing is actually a symptom. Honestly, if I took a Covid test every time I had a symptom, I might as well pitch a tent at the CVS.

That said, DS does not have allergies, so I would probably think a little harder about what was going on with him.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Thanks again. He went to the ped and the Covid test was negative. He thinks it may be allergies based on the clear drainage so he’s on allergy meds and gets to go back.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Thanks again. He went to the ped and the Covid test was negative. He thinks it may be allergies based on the clear drainage so he’s on allergy meds and gets to go back.
    Glad it was negative as suspected and glad he's able to be back at school!
    Lizi

Glad to know it’s negative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2