I know there have been sometimes threads here addressing how to handle racism with their kids, teaching racism is wrong, etc. I came across this which is apparently's Slate's parenting advice column and i thought it was one of the best, most-well written article I have ever read on this topic. I figured I would share. I want to pin this on Pinterest and share it everywhere.

https://slate.com/human-interest/202...d-feeding.html

I have been seeing numerous articles about the rise of anti-Asian racism since the pandemic and I figured it is a timely article. Even for those whose kids don't display these behaviors, it is still a good topic of discussion i think. In our house we must have some discussion re: race/gender on a daily basis. It's hard not to, given the news of the past year.

The author makes the excellent point that I have also observed - i've seen too many "well-meaning" parents are upset when their kid engages in bullying or does something racist, and want to "punish" the kid severely and distance themselves from it-- but then never do much in terms of dialogue and having ongoing discussion on why its wrong, and understanding its effect on people. As many have said, it's not enough just to "not be racist", must be anti-racist.