Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's so funny to see the guys on insane pools show who already tear them down. They seem practical if you have a lot of trees.

I know some places (not Florida) might have restrictions due to height etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    It's so funny to see the guys on insane pools show who already tear them down. They seem practical if you have a lot of trees.

I know some places (not Florida) might have restrictions due to height etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Some are 2 story but most are just the single story. Also in developments that have fencing restrictions in the back yard it makes it nice to keep kids out You just have to remember to unlock the screen door on pool cleaning day for the pool cleaner.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I live in a similarly hot, humid, buggy area, and the enclosures are not done or needed here. I always assumed it was primarily an insurance issue with Florida. Either way, I still would not consider it common there on high end custom homes.

There are mosquito misting systems you can have installed on your fences now. But all you need to keep mosquitos at bay is fans. We have ceiling fans over our patio, and then fans pointing out all along the backyard. If the air is moving, the mosquitos stay away.
    #BidenHarris2020 “It’s easier to be a parent this morning. It’s easier to be a dad. It’s easier to tell your kids character matters. It matters. Telling the truth matters. Being a good person matters.”

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hwin708 View Post
    I live in a similarly hot, humid, buggy area, and the enclosures are not done or needed here. I always assumed it was primarily an insurance issue with Florida. Either way, I still would not consider it common there on high end custom homes.

There are mosquito misting systems you can have installed on your fences now. But all you need to keep mosquitos at bay is fans. We have ceiling fans over our patio, and then fans pointing out all along the backyard. If the air is moving, the mosquitos stay away.
    This is helpful to remember. I don't think theres a cage at Mar-A-Lago for example! This is such an unusual request that literally nobody in our area makes them at all. Which is why I'm inquiring. Our client has deep pockets and a quirky architect and designer. This will be an interesting project!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    This is helpful to remember. I don't think theres a cage at Mar-A-Lago for example! This is such an unusual request that literally nobody in our area makes them at all. Which is why I'm inquiring. Our client has deep pockets and a quirky architect and designer. This will be an interesting project!
    Right on the ocean often don't have them its those of us who are a couple miles inland that have them. Sometimes its a HOA thing but most of ocean front places here Sun Coast / Tampa region do not have cages
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2