Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH qualified as a teacher.
    I qualified under healthcare as a person involved with COVID testing (college where employees are volunteers to help with weekly covid surveillance testing of students). If it weren't for that, I'd still be unvaxed as I don't otherwise qualify...not a teacher, HEd only includes in person faculty, no comorbidities, not frontline worker, etc.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    For CA folks that don't qualify under the current requirements, this site rolled out over the weekend, pick a 4 hr volunteer slot in exchange for (possibly, at the site's discretion) getting the vaccine. No slots open in my area yet, but I registered and am keeping an eye on it.

https://myturn.ca.gov/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    I saw that last night and filled it out. There aren't any slots near me either, but I love the idea.
    I filled out this about a month ago. I didn’t have the option to volunteer in exchange to get a vaccine; I checked Riverside and Los Angeles. It is a moot point because I have an appointment for this Friday, but it will be interesting to see when I actually get the notification as to when I qualify from the state.

Dh can be an introvert but if the volunteer thing happens I would probably see if I could sign DH up just so he could potentially get the vaccine. Dh is in great health, under 50, and has no co-morbidities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ncat View Post
    I will be eligible on the 15th due to BMI over 25. I was in shock when I read it - I am an otherwise healthy adult who works from home. I am so excited!
    Wow! No age restrictions? BMI over "only" 25?? My family would also be in shock — DC/DIL are in their late 40s, BMI definitely over 25, but no significant risk factors. Their state is mostly going by age (other than health care workers and K-12 educators) so they’re not expecting to be eligible until summer.

Just for fun (I’m fully vaccinated, thanks to being old ) I calculated what I would weigh if I had a BMI of 25 — let’s just say that ship sailed a long time ago...

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Asthma hasn’t been listed as an at risk comorbidity. That’s a good thing, but it means I will only qualify when it’s for 50 and over. I just signed up for myturn, but there were no options to volunteer in the Bay Area.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our state opens up to 50+ starting Thurs. I thought that was quick considering they just opened up to 60+ last Thurs but apparently no one wants shots or we've got a lot coming in because there are appointments all around if you're willing to drive about 30 minutes or so. We're pretty rural but the big city an hour away has same day appointments at many sites rights now.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I qualify in my state since I have two co-morbidities (just barely obese bmi and a really old asthma diagnosis that I do nothing for other than an inhaler when I run). However, it is almost impossible to get an appointment and I would rather leave it to those 65+, teachers and more "severe" co-morbidities. Once it gets a bit easier to get appointments I will do it! Meanwhile we just remain super hunkered down like we have for the past year....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH has asthma and DS1 has type 1 diabetes and apparently neither condition has priority in my state. (Type 2 diabetes over a certain AIC qualifies but not type 1). We'll just have to wait. We're ok doing it as we're all able to be home almost all the time. I will be happy when my two higher risk family members are able to get the vaccine. I turn 45 in less than 2 weeks. Not sure if that ups my eligibility? I think anyone who is offered the vaccine should take it. I don't feel as kindly disposed to people who "jump the line" but if you're in a category that can get it, go for it!

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    DH has asthma and DS1 has type 1 diabetes and apparently neither condition has priority in my state. (Type 2 diabetes over a certain AIC qualifies but not type 1). We'll just have to wait. We're ok doing it as we're all able to be home almost all the time. I will be happy when my two higher risk family members are able to get the vaccine. I turn 45 in less than 2 weeks. Not sure if that ups my eligibility? I think anyone who is offered the vaccine should take it. I don't feel as kindly disposed to people who "jump the line" but if you're in a category that can get it, go for it!
    That's crazy! Here type 1 qualified almost immediately, but not type 2 (and still technically doesn't). People with type 2 were getting shots because the screeners from most pharmacies only listed diabetes, so anyone could get it.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I know of a family who had their teen apply to work at an nursing home (they were going to look for a part time job anyway) and once hired, they qualify and can go to any local vaccine clinic, as they now qualify as a healthcare worker in a longterm care facility.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I haven’t...I think I’ll be waiting a while. Trying to be patient and not jealous of those who have. I think many will decline as the age component lowers so it won’t take forever.
    K

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast