Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default So frustrated for our kids (and all kids!)

DS1 and DS2 were headed back to in person school tomorrow - after 51 weeks at home. They were so, so excited. Last week, there was a significant outbreak at the high school - 2.4% of the student body got COVID in a 5 day span. They are not showing in-school transmission and believe it was parties and carpools. There weren't cases in other buildings, so we were going to go forward with sending them.

Tonight, we learned that there are two cases at the middle school - their building. Obviously that will happen, but with the HS outbreak it's just too much. They are going to be so damn crushed in the morning. Their bags are packed. DS2's route is mapped (new building for him). Lunch snacks are ready. And...now they're home still. Dang it.

Tenasparkl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I’m sorry! We’ve been home the whole time too and I think it would break my kids hearts to think they could return and then not be able to.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'm so sorry! I know mine would be upset for that too. I hope the delay is short and they're in school soon.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Kris

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm sorry. Mine finally just went back 2 weeks ago I hope you can resume soon!

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so sorry, that would devastate my kids.

We are due to go back March 16, after Spring Break, and I'm worried because our (idiotic) governor just lifted a bunch of restrictions. I know cases are going to go up here...
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    I'm so sorry! I know mine would be upset for that too. I hope the delay is short and they're in school soon.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Our school is all over the news on this side of the state as an example of why kids shouldn't be in person. Dandy. Guessing it isn't newsworthy enough to be picked up over by you...but ugh.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh, I am so, so sorry! Around here they've seen the same thing as you said for your high school -- in school transmission hasn't been a big problem at all, compared to the out-of-school parties and gatherings. It's maddening to me that people aren't prioritizing education in their actions. I directly relate the fact that people are throwing/allowing big parties on the weekends/out of school times to why some schools haven't been able to open (or are forced to close). It's so frustrating when you're the one doing the right thing and you bear the negative consequences for others' actions.
    Lizi

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine 51 weeks at home!!!! Our school district gave families the option and at least 70% chose in person -- and it has been working. I really wonder what is different about our school district and others. Families will have the option again next year, but the number of families that choose virtual continue to decrease.

I hope your kids get to go to school safely soon!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    Our school is all over the news on this side of the state as an example of why kids shouldn't be in person. Dandy. Guessing it isn't newsworthy enough to be picked up over by you...but ugh.
    I haven't heard, but I haven't seen much news lately at all. I think that's backwards though - we've had near zero transmission in school since August. We have higher numbers in students from doing in-person parties, etc. We opened 5 days a week in August and only 2 cases were linked at school - lunchtime at the middle school.
    Kris

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Oh no, that makes me so sad for them! I'm so sorry. I absolutely hate that our kids are dealing with all of this. It's way too much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast