Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Can we talk treadmills?

We want to purchase a treadmill. We will have multiple users and the treadmill will have to handle 5-10 miles total most days of the week. Thoughts?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would look at buying a gym quality treadmill for that much use. I have no recommendations though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If I liked treadmills, I would buy a peloton tread+ without question. I throw up on tread mills and have still contemplated it. I can’t believe how much I love my peloton, the training, the instructors etc. You can have multiple accounts with one membership.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have had our Landice for almost 14 years. It goes through phases but I have run 5 miles a day for periods and have only had it serviced once. I was annoyed with how the moving company put it back together when we moved so I had a licensed technician come out to build it correctly and service it.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Bought a Lifespan treadmill (5500i, IIRC) in November and LOVE IT. I run on it, DH and the kids use it for walks. Screen is big but relatively low tech, which is what I wanted. I just need to see pace, distance, etc and I don't need it to virtually show me running a street in France. I purchased from a fitness store that offered free 2yrs service/maintenance, free delivery and set up. No way did I want to have to lug that thing into my basement and assemble it.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

treadmills are not my thing.... but, I just visited my sister who purchased a manual treadmill for her home gym from Amazon.... I'm not sure which model. I think she paid less than $100 and is very happy with it. No motor... the walking tread moves when you move.... I personally didn't try it.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Mostly following as I am looking for the same thing. Also, want the seller to have an option for assembly.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I bought a Nordictrack 2950 last July. I love it. I would have considered their incline trainers too but I wasn’t confident I had enough head room in my basement for those. It has iFIT which is guided workouts around the world which I adore. It also offers live workouts in a studio setting. The subscription for that is free for a year and then it costs $15 for one account or $39 for a family of accounts. But if you don’t care about keeping track of your miles individually you could all share a single $15 account.

I recently bought a ProForm from Costco. Delivery and installation was included. I did have some issues with the delivery and installation but Costco was quick to fix the issue with a credit. Before buying it I did have to stalk them as they were out of stock but come and go. I use it for 4-5 miles a day and have no issues.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    I bought a Nordictrack 2950 last July. I love it. I would have considered their incline trainers too but I wasn’t confident I had enough head room in my basement for those. It has iFIT which is guided workouts around the world which I adore. It also offers live workouts in a studio setting. The subscription for that is free for a year and then it costs $15 for one account or $39 for a family of accounts. But if you don’t care about keeping track of your miles individually you could all share a single $15 account.

I'm obsessed with the ifit on my Nordic bike. I love how I can turn the screen and do strength training and yoga. I also love how I can bike through the Caribbean. I need that gimmick (more on the bike than the treadmill frankly). What made you go with the 2950 versus the 1750 or the one in between?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast