Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks, georgiegirl for posting those IRL pics from Article!! Those chairs look fabulous in your space! So I checked all the resources mentioned in this thread and just couldn't find "the right" chair with the right seat height, cozy enough to curl up in but minimal in feel. So I went looking on Pottery Barn (not exactly an MCM source but, like C&B, they often have pieces that straddle the line), and saw a chair that I LOVED the look of. It ended up more "club chair" than I was initially thinking, but had great MCM-like lines. A quick Google Image search revealed that I could get it at Nebraska Furniture Mark for hundreds cheaper AND could go see it in person. DH and I went, and glad we did because the color online wasn't really true to the real color. The real color isn't quite as "saddle" as I wanted but I brought rug and other furniture fabric samples into the store so we could see how it all looked together and even though the caramel color was not as expected, the look pulled together quite well. We are still waiting on our new Ruggable, which will have cream and blue tones but we LOVE the chairs and they are comfy, quality leather!

Attachment 5231

The chair looks great!!! Glad you were able to find something comfy and reasonable.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Looks great and always happy to hear a new furniture rec!

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks to those who suggested Article. I've been looking for chairs and kept going back to the PB Raylan ones but I like some at Article just as well for less money.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I hadn’t heard of Article before, but they seem to have nice styles. Are they exclusively online? In the past, I’ve always wanted to "test-sit" chairs and sofas — there is so much variation in comfort. For those who have ordered from Article, has the inability to try out seating been an issue?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    I hadn’t heard of Article before, but they seem to have nice styles. Are they exclusively online? In the past, I’ve always wanted to "test-sit" chairs and sofas — there is so much variation in comfort. For those who have ordered from Article, has the inability to try out seating been an issue?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    They are only on line. I actually returned a desk chair that was a little too large for the space but actually more comfortable than the one I-replaced it with, which was from Lulu and Georgia. You just need to keep the copious packaging for a few days until you make up your mind. They actually send the shipper back to your house to pick up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2