Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default And now a never ending period

So I started the new BCP two Sunday's ago in an attempt to control heavy bleeding. That Sunday also happened to be the first day of my period. And while I was thrilled that I didn't have the 1-2 heavy bleeding days I normally do (3-4 days in it was pure bliss, like "wow, this is how the other half lives!"), I've now been bleeding for 12 straight days. It's light, but my gosh, almost 2 weeks, come on! It's as if my body is saying listen, you are going to bleed 100+ml every cycle and it's either coming all in one day or spread out over 2 weeks, you pick your poison. Thankfully I use a menstrual cup and so just don't really even have to think about it (just empty at night before bed and in the a.m.), but still it's annoying. I certainly hope it's just a combo of me starting the pill at the same time as my cycle and my body adjusting to it.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would call your doctor asap. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've had that happen a couple of times in the last 5 years or so, no birth control involved. My cycles just get wackier as I get older.

I didn't have my period at all from November until about a week ago. That one was really light and lasted only 3 days. Who knows what's coming next for me?

I'm 47, btw, so the long cycles started in my early 40s.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That's me on continuous cycle pills - spotting or bleeding all. the. effing. time. - and I hated it enough to stop using them.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my gosh! That stinks. Hopefully this really is just a fluke and things get worked out. That's a long time!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh no! That really stinks. Have you talked to your doctor? Is this normal for starting this new pill? I hope it slows down completely for you. I do remember a couple of times when I’d forget to take a pill and skip that day completely that I’d get my period and it would trickle for a few days. It was annoying (especially whe you aren’t expecting it and you stain your underwear), but it never got back to the levels of heavy flow I had before the pill. I hope it goes away soon for you!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    That's me on continuous cycle pills - spotting or bleeding all. the. effing. time. - and I hated it enough to stop using them.
    This would happen to me when I was in college and on the pill. I'd want to skip my period because I was going out of town but when I'd take the pills continuously I'd still end up with light bleeding or spotting for longer than a normal period! It's like my period was determined to come every month no matter what. Even after giving birth and breastfeeding exclusively my periods came back at 5 and 6 WEEKS postpartum even with the mini pill.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    This would happen to me when I was in college and on the pill. I'd want to skip my period because I was going out of town but when I'd take the pills continuously I'd still end up with light bleeding or spotting for longer than a normal period! It's like my period was determined to come every month no matter what. Even after giving birth and breastfeeding exclusively my periods came back at 5 and 6 WEEKS postpartum even with the mini pill. Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Me too! I was so jealous of people who could just keep taking their bcp and not get a period or have it stop while nursing. Even with my IUD, I kept having a period for the 1st 3 YEARS! It was less to be sure, but it still came. ... eventually it did go away so OP, that might be something you consider. I specifically got the IUD due to heavy periods.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    This would happen to me when I was in college and on the pill. I'd want to skip my period because I was going out of town but when I'd take the pills continuously I'd still end up with light bleeding or spotting for longer than a normal period! It's like my period was determined to come every month no matter what. Even after giving birth and breastfeeding exclusively my periods came back at 5 and 6 WEEKS postpartum even with the mini pill.
    I lucked out with the breastfeeding thing - made it ~11 months before it came back! - but continuous cycle pills? Nope.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I have never had an easy period. It's always been at least a week and heavy for 3-4 days of that. Even when nursing my kids I got a period. Now I'm 44 and getting it every 19-21 days and having hot flashes. I'll be happy when this is over.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast