Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Fit and Sizing Questions About TORRID Denim

I normally wear Lane Bryant Tighter-Tummy boot-cut jeans in a dark wash with a Tall inseam (34") and mid-to-high rise. At LB, I'm pretty much a size 16. I am just a tiny bit shorter than 5'8" and find a 32" inseam too short. I have heavy thighs with soccer player calves/knees, so I struggle with wearing anything with a tapered or tight leg.

Even with my body image issues, with spring coming and new jean styles out that I'm willing to try, I would like to know how Torrid fits compared to Lane Bryant.

Please note that I only want to know about Torrid right now, mostly because their models have a wider body diversity than most brands ... and I have a coupon because it's my birthday month.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would look to see if there are instagram models who shop there, they are usually helpful at sizing etc. Or check out Torrids Facebook page to see what their shoppers are posting.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am only 5’6” but am a solid 14 or sometimes a 16 depending on the brands (but not a 14W or 16W as those end up being too big in the waist, which is why I have never shopped at Lane Bryant) because I have big hips. I need a 32” inseam as well because I am all legs. I have never tried Torrid but I should check them out. I would be interested to see how they fit as well.

I have mainly been wearing jeans from Stitch Fix brands (Cosmic Blue, Studio Love, and Kut from the Kloth styles that seem to be Stitch Fox exclusives) and American Eagle. American Eagle for being as pricey as they are tend to pill a lot and end up ripping in the inner thigh so I end up having to donate them after a few months to a year. I had good luck with Eddie Bauer jeans a few years ago but they changed the style and they don’t fit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I am only 5’6” but am a solid 14 or sometimes a 16 depending on the brands (but not a 14W or 16W as those end up being too big in the waist, which is why I have never shopped at Lane Bryant) because I have big hips. I need a 32” inseam as well because I am all legs. I have never tried Torrid but I should check them out. I would be interested to see how they fit as well.

I have mainly been wearing jeans from Stitch Fix brands (Cosmic Blue, Studio Love, and Kut from the Kloth styles that seem to be Stitch Fox exclusives) and American Eagle. American Eagle for being as pricey as they are tend to pill a lot and end up ripping in the inner thigh so I end up having to donate them after a few months to a year. I had good luck with Eddie Bauer jeans a few years ago but they changed the style and they don’t fit as well.
    I actually can't wear straight sizes right now - my legs, hips, and backside don't cooperate - so I'm firmly a 16W, which means shopping at LB and Torrid are among the handful of options that should fit properly. I'm specifically looking at Torrid because I have a birthday credit.

32" inseams can often feel too short on me, which means I don't have a lot of "give" in the calf (I have heavy calves) - I spent most of high school rejecting jeans (well, any pants, really) because the "tall" sizes I found were high-rise with a 32" inseam ... and I need a 34" inseam. I actually switched to guys' jeans around Senior year of high school/Freshman year of college because I could get what I needed (30 X 34) for less money (and less frustration!) in a more durable fabric blend! I wore guys' jeans through my 20s - women's jeans have only NOW begun to offer what I prefer!

I can't get what I need at Eddie Bauer; I've looked.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Strange about American Eagle, I have some that I've had for years and never had any pilling, they have lasted amazingly well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    ...Or check out Torrids Facebook page to see what their shoppers are posting.
    I spent a little time on their FB over the weekend and it wasn't worth it - it's mostly complaints that range from petty to very serious, but no photos.

I don't have a lot of patience for Insta model culture, so I don't follow a lot of people there. It's probably useful for other body types, but my heavy calves make it extremely challenging to find a model whose review is something I can apply to my own fit experience.

Too short inseams, too narrow legs, and too low rises that might work on someone else and make them feel/look fantastic often make me cry. (Like the saleswoman at LB a few years ago promoting their new "true straight leg" jeans, which were basically rebranded tapered-leg jeans. I hate tapered leg jeans and fear that the "boyfriend" cut I'm eyeing might be more of the same ... but I'm willing to try them.)
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Strange about American Eagle, I have some that I've had for years and never had any pilling, they have lasted amazingly well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Oh it probably has to do with having large thighs that rub and companies making jeans full of stretch these days and even though I try to buy the ones that are as close to 100% cotton these days so many brands still pill in the upper thigh area.

Lizzy- definitely let me know what you find at Torrid. Jean shopping does suck. I could wear men’s 32 x 32 Levi’s 501 blues in my early 20s and they were the only Levi’s I have been able to wear. Sadly that wasn’t an option once I had DD1.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Lizzy- definitely let me know what you find at Torrid. Jean shopping does suck. I could wear men’s 32 x 32 Levi’s 501 blues in my early 20s and they were the only Levi’s I have been able to wear. Sadly that wasn’t an option once I had DD1.
    I wore Arizona brand jeans from JC Penney; they were cheap, often had coupons/promotions, and as long as I had bus fare to/from the mall, I could buy new ones frequently. It was pretty sweet!
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am a 14w-18w depending on the brand, time of year, etc. I carry my weight in my thighs, butt, legs. I am also short — 5’ 3”.

FWIW I cannot wear most Torrid denim because I feel it runs small. And to fit in the legs it’s ginormous in the waist. I’m sure there is probably a cut I haven’t found (I tend to wear jeggings/skinnies).

My fav jeans right now are actually Ava and Viv from Target. I am a solid 16w and they are very comfy. I can wear the 14w if I want a tighter fit.

Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Mermanaid View Post

FWIW I cannot wear most Torrid denim because I feel it runs small. And to fit in the legs it’s ginormous in the waist. I’m sure there is probably a cut I haven’t found (I tend to wear jeggings/skinnies). ...
    I don't wear jeggings or skinnies because they get stuck on my calf. (Also, I'm self-conscious enough about the "honky-tonk badonkadonk" to not want to draw any attention to it.)

I think I'll be fine with my LB size in the cuts I'm looking at - specifically boyfriend, though I may go up to the 18 in those, and the flare, which is kind of like the bootcut I favor, but it's a bit more updated.
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast