Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DH is forgetful

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default DH is forgetful

This is not a terrible character trait. He has ADHD and he's honestly managing really well but the current drama is that he told me on Monday that he had an appointment for a COVID shot on Friday morning at 10:50. Today I'm finally able to schedule DS1 for a shot as well, for Thursday at 11:20. All of these things are good news. Except DH was WRONG and his shot is on Thursday. And the locations are an hour a part (on a good day, in good traffic) and we have one car and three young learners at home (normally with 2 parents to supervise).

I'm really irrationally mad that the was mixed up about this and I really need to cool down. Please tell me this would make someone else super frustrated!

I think we might be able to borrow a car and leave my 13yo in charge of his two young siblings? DH is at a much closer site... I don't know how else to do it except to try and reschedule the appointment.

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I would be frustrated too, but I would do what you reasonably can do to make it work. My kids are all old enough to stay home alone unsupervised, but I believe some of your kids are under 10. If you are concerned about leaving your 13 y/o in charge of younger siblings. I would be willing to bring a younger kid or two along with you to your son’s appointment even if they have to miss a day of school.

Quote Originally Posted by m4nash View Post
    I would be frustrated too, but I would do what you reasonably can do to make it work. My kids are all old enough to stay home alone unsupervised, but I believe some of your kids are under 10. If you are concerned about leaving your 13 in charge of younger siblings. I would be willing to bring a younger kid or two along with you to your son’s appointment even if they have to miss a day of school.
    I might just do that. Getting a COVID vaccine is a good reason for a disruption to the schedule! I don't like bringing my kids to medical appointments these days, but I think the vaccine clinic is a drive through! So they will literally stay with me in the car the whole time. A plan is beginning to emerge....

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I might just do that. Getting a COVID vaccine is a good reason for a disruption to the schedule! I don't like bringing my kids to medical appointments these days, but I think the vaccine clinic is a drive through! So they will literally stay with me in the car the whole time. A plan is beginning to emerge....
    Yes -- try to borrow a car and either leave the 13 year old to supervise, or if you don't feel comfortable with that take a kid or two with you. Actually, have DH take the kid with him -- mostly because his vaccination site is closer, but also a little because his misinformation caused this problem in the first place.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

I’d leave the 13 year old in charge. I’ve left my 11 year old “in charge” of my 7 year old numerous times during covid. It’s much easier when school is in season.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I’d leave the 13 year old in charge. I’ve left my 11 year old “in charge” of my 7 year old numerous times during covid. It’s much easier when school is in season.
    I'm going to leave him in charge of the 9yo that has learning disabilities. He will miss his resource "class" (zoom call) if comes with me. DD (7) is ahead of the game in every way. I could have her go with DH. But I might have her go with us and it could be a "special time" with her. As she's in 1st grade, I don't think it would be terrible for her to have to miss!

Yes, I would be annoyed. And DH would not in any way shape or form get why I was annoyed. Glad it sounds like it will work out.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would have your DH arrive early for his appointment (10am-ish) and then drive DS to his appointment. If it's anything like the mass vaccination sites here, the appointment times are more for traffic control and they won't turn you away if you're early or late as long as you are arriving on the day of your confirmed appointment and try to come at your scheduled time. They know that work, traffic, scheduling conflicts, child care conflicts come up.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by twowhat?; 03-24-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Dcclerk is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I would have your DH arrive early for his appointment (10am-ish) and then drive DS to his appointment. If it's anything like the mass vaccination sites here, the appointment times are more for traffic control and they won't turn you away if you're early or late as long as you are arriving on the day of your confirmed appointment and try to come at your scheduled time. They know that work, traffic, scheduling conflicts, child care conflicts come up.

Good luck!!
    I totally agree with this advice. If you have the appointments at the mega pods the timing really doesn’t matter. Nobody cares about the actual time as long as you have a confirmation email with the date. I can’t speak to how it is treated at other sites though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post

Good luck!!
    I don't want to chance losing the appointment. When I go through our states metrics neither DH nor DS1 actually qualify. DH has asthma and DS1 has type 1 diabetes. But those aren't conditions that fall under 1B according to the website (I was on it last night). Instead, these are being offered to us directly by our insurance company (Kaiser). I don't want to take a chance to miss out on the shot! I might consider having DH go super early to his site and see if he can get a shot that way... then come get DS and take him. (Or even come home and take over for me!) But I can't imagine showing up late! We've only been waiting for this for a year now, right?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast