Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DH is forgetful

Considering how hard it is to get the vaccine appointments and not to mention the hassle of rescheduling. It’ll suck this up, and just do either scenario of leaving your 13 year old in charge of one of kids. And take your 1st grader with you for DS1 appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I don't want to chance losing the appointment. When I go through our states metrics neither DH nor DS1 actually qualify. DH has asthma and DS1 has type 1 diabetes. But those aren't conditions that fall under 1B according to the website (I was on it last night). Instead, these are being offered to us directly by our insurance company (Kaiser). I don't want to take a chance to miss out on the shot! I might consider having DH go super early to his site and see if he can get a shot that way... then come get DS and take him. (Or even come home and take over for me!) But I can't imagine showing up late! We've only been waiting for this for a year now, right?
    Yeah, agree with this since DH's site is close. Have him go super early and if he's able to get it and then take DS to his appt on time, then great! And have your plan B in place, but definitely have plan A be something your DH handles on his own . YAY FOR SHOTS!

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Just be sure your appointment sites allow an extra sibling tagging along. A lot of medical places around here forbid extra siblings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would rent a car and have your DH go in early. Around here I think as long as you have an appointment that day you can go whenever you need to, my parents went a couple of hours early and got their shots. If your DH is home in time, you are good to go, if not, leave the 13 year old in charge and the kids to fend for themselves (if they miss a school class, just let school know why). I would also let a neighbor know the kids are home alone and post their number just in case. Hopefully, your DH will be home before you have to leave (or soon after) and it won't be an issue (except the car rental fee).

My DH would do the same thing. I had a really important medical screening scheduled last Spring that was 2 months overdue (he knew about it) and he scheduled an in-person meeting with his boss at the same time. I was livid since I almost had to reschedule the appointment AGAIN. DC ended up going with him and missing a class (not optimal)!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Have DH Uber to the appointment and try to go earlier. Missing one zoom class isn’t going to put anyone behind. Vaccination is way more important.

As for DH and messing up the dates, do you have a shared calendar? DH, DS and I all have a Google calendar that is shared with all of us. My DH has finally learned to use it, as if it’s not on the calendar, it’s not my problem if something is forgotten or double booked. He’s great at remembering dates, so was resistant to using a calendar until I showed him my color coded calendar for work and home, way too much going on for me to remember it all. When he talks about an event, I ask “is it on the calendar?”

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    Just be sure your appointment sites allow an extra sibling tagging along. A lot of medical places around here forbid extra siblings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yikes! Maybe I should leave them home. I can only imagine what shenanigans can ensue. I think I'll just have DH go really early. If he can get back before I have to leave PERFECT! If not, at least the gap won't be too large? I'll contact all three teachers (and the resource teacher, and DS1's teacher/school) to let them know what they might expect from us.

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    I would rent a car and have your DH go in early. Around here I think as long as you have an appointment that day you can go whenever you need to, my parents went a couple of hours early and got their shots. If your DH is home in time, you are good to go, if not, leave the 13 year old in charge and the kids to fend for themselves (if they miss a school class, just let school know why). I would also let a neighbor know the kids are home alone and post their number just in case. Hopefully, your DH will be home before you have to leave (or soon after) and it won't be an issue (except the car rental fee).

My DH would do the same thing. I had a really important medical screening scheduled last Spring that was 2 months overdue (he knew about it) and he scheduled an in-person meeting with his boss at the same time. I was livid since I almost had to reschedule the appointment AGAIN. DC ended up going with him and missing a class (not optimal)!
    I think we'll borrow my mom's car. She won't have driven it for a day when DH takes it. And she's been vaccinated. That's safe, right? DH can ride his bike to her house. He volunteered since it was his error!

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post

Yeah, so I'm the one resisting the calendar, lol! DH is ALL about the google calendar. Though that doesn't seem to help if you can't remember Thursday from Friday! I have a paper calendar hung on the back of my kitchen cabinets. I should probably get with the program!

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I think we'll borrow my mom's car. She won't have driven it for a day when DH takes it. And she's been vaccinated. That's safe, right? DH can ride his bike to her house. He volunteered since it was his error!
    Totally safe. And it’s fine to leave the kids home for a short while. (Definitely don’t bring them. Every appointment we’ve been to says NO EXTRA KIDS). I leave mine all the time while they are doing online school. Teachers understand parents aren’t always available to help out and keep kids on track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Totally safe. And it’s fine to leave the kids home for a short while. (Definitely don’t bring them. Every appointment we’ve been to says NO EXTRA KIDS). I leave mine all the time while they are doing online school. Teachers understand parents aren’t always available to help out and keep kids on track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast