Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DH is forgetful

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default DH is forgetful

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Yeah, so I'm the one resisting the calendar, lol! DH is ALL about the google calendar. Though that doesn't seem to help if you can't remember Thursday from Friday! I have a paper calendar hung on the back of my kitchen cabinets. I should probably get with the program!
    Yes google calendar!!! It’s on our phones!. I can see when things are happening and DH can see to not schedule something when DS has an event etc. I have all my Saturday work days in it as it changes from month to month. I’ll even block off possible plans on weekends so I don’t go and put in a Saturday work day on that day. I’ve got a terrible memory for dates

But yes, you still have to enter it in correctly!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I think we'll borrow my mom's car. She won't have driven it for a day when DH takes it. And she's been vaccinated. That's safe, right? DH can ride his bike to her house. He volunteered since it was his error!
    I'm glad you have it worked out! I'm assuming your DS is getting Phfizer due to his age, but if both are getting 2 dose shots, make sure you are in communication ASAP about 2nd appointment. Large pods and medical centers here tend to give you your appointment same day/same time 21 days out so you could end up in the same schedule issue then. Others like pharmacies are a bit more random with the times. I haven't figured it out yet, but it seems like some do 2nd shots in the afternoon and 1st shots in the morning.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Let us know how it worked out today, OP!! So exciting for your DH and DS to both be getting their shots.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    I'm glad you have it worked out! I'm assuming your DS is getting Phfizer due to his age, but if both are getting 2 dose shots, make sure you are in communication ASAP about 2nd appointment. Large pods and medical centers here tend to give you your appointment same day/same time 21 days out so you could end up in the same schedule issue then. Others like pharmacies are a bit more random with the times. I haven't figured it out yet, but it seems like some do 2nd shots in the afternoon and 1st shots in the morning.
    Pfizer vs Moderna here has nothing to do with age. It's simply location and allocation specific. Hospital type settings are more likely to have Pfizer because of the refrigeration. requirements. Big venues might have Moderna because it's easier to store.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Pfizer vs Moderna here has nothing to do with age. It's simply location and allocation specific. Hospital type settings are more likely to have Pfizer because of the refrigeration. requirements. Big venues might have Moderna because it's easier to store.
    17yo are only approved for the Pfizer so I'm certain that's what he'll be getting! (DH is getting Moderna)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

17yo are only approved for the Pfizer so I'm certain that's what he'll be getting! (DH is getting Moderna)
    Duh. My bad. I thought it said dh and I was confused.

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

That might clear up the potential for conflicting 2nd dose appointments. Around here they really try to give the Pfizer second doses 3 weeks after the first and the Moderna 2nd doses 4 weeks after the first. I believe you can wait longer and it still be okay, but they try to schedule them at the minimum duration between shots. Hopefully the second doses don’t end up conflicting!

Gah. Heard back from the 8th graders teacher. He has a TEST today during the period that he's supposed to supervise. It will probably be fine, but in any case the teacher said she'd help us "make it work". It helps that she also has a teen with type 1 diabetes and we're friends through that connection!

Quote Originally Posted by m4nash View Post
    That might clear up the potential for conflicting 2nd dose appointments. Around here they really try to give the Pfizer second doses 3 weeks after the first and the Moderna 2nd doses 4 weeks after the first. I believe you can wait longer and it still be okay, but they try to schedule them at the minimum duration between shots. Hopefully the second doses don’t end up conflicting!
    I thought about this! DH should get his first and I'll have him message me if he's able to set up an appointment. With the interval differences and some tiny bit of planning hopefully we can avoid this!!

Well, it all worked out! We were both gone for about an hour and 15 minutes, despite the fact that DH went early and I left late! DS2 did fine "babysitting" (AKA watching the kids while they were on their zoom calls!) The return appointments are a week apart (as you guys predicted!) so we won't have this issue next time!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast