Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I can’t imagine how you could be found negligible for a leak under your house. Sorry you’re going through this but glad you found the problem.

you've been having contractors come since you suspected a problem. You have done what you were supposed to do.
    You won't have to choose to file. I don't think it's like car insurance either where your rates go up if you were to blame in an accident. This is what insurance is for. I wouldn't stress. Yo pay for insurance. Might as well see if they can help. This might be "flood" damage and not be covered if you don't have that provision.

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have called the insurance and then used it 2 times time and not used it 3x, our rates have not gone up and they have been super helpful. People are paranoid about insurance and told us the same things, but we have found the opposite to be true.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks. I plan to call tomorrow. I am reading things like slow leaks are not covered, so I guess we will see.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Thanks. I plan to call tomorrow. I am reading things like slow leaks are not covered, so I guess we will see.
    Ours was a very slow leak caused by incorrect construction during a remodel. Plus my DH decided to leave the house water on after we discovered a problem so we ended up surfing on our new wood floors there was so much water underneath.
    No questions from the insurance; they sent a remediation company to tear out the damage and dry things out, plus pinpoint the actual leak. We did have to fight to get full payment to replace everything as it was custom and only 2 years old when it was ruined. That was AAA.
    mom to Billy 12/07

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Ours was a very slow leak caused by incorrect construction during a remodel. Plus my DH decided to leave the house water on after we discovered a problem so we ended up surfing on our new wood floors there was so much water underneath.
    No questions from the insurance; they sent a remediation company to tear out the damage and dry things out, plus pinpoint the actual leak. We did have to fight to get full payment to replace everything as it was custom and only 2 years old when it was ruined. That was AAA.
    mom to Billy 12/07

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5