Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    I think the only definitive answer to ANYTHING related to how to how to get vaccine appointments, get on waiting lists, etc is "it depends"

In addition to state by state differences, the various vaccine providers have different systems, and each local CVS may have variations, etc.

DIL will be eligible in her small state sometime next week. Based on some of the state information, she thought that she could go ahead now and schedule an appointment as long as it is after the eligibility date. Then she heard from friends who were ahead of her and had done something similar...but were turned away when they showed up for their appointment because they scheduled it too soon..

Her FB feed has been full of comments like “that’s not true" or "I did x and am already vaccinated" etc. it doesn’t help that many FB friends live nearby, but over the state line in a much larger state. Arrggghh!

Good luck, all!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    I think your DIL is in RI? Make sure she has signed up on the state’s vaccine interest/pre registration system. I did it a while ago, and on Thursday they randomly called me (almost didn’t answer since it was a Providence phone number I didn’t recognize) and said I could come that night to one of the mass vaccination sites run by the National Guard to be on stand by in case of extra doses. I didn’t get one Thursday, but I moved up the list and went back yesterday and was able to get my first dose of Pfizer! I am in my late 30’s and had not expected to be eligible for another week and a half. My husband is early 40’s and will be eligible to start appointment searching on Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    OK, so I may be wrong about a VRBPAC meeting - since this is an amendment to an existing EUA, the FDA may not consult with their advisory committee on it. I'm not sure. Our county judge posted on twitter to go ahead and get on the waiting list for 12-15yos, so I went ahead and did that (though there's another place I'd rather take them, if I'm able to get appointments). I'll just be keeping a VERY SHARP eye on the news and vaccine providers in the next weeks, LOL!

Wow, on a waiting list; how exciting! I know its just a waiting list, but still!

Here we are just going to open up to the general 16+ population on 4/19, but many in the already eligible populations have still not been able to get their vaccines.

I do think I read that they will be skipping some the usual meetings, etc, as they are not indicated given that it is an amendment (or something like that, dont quote me) to what has already been approved for the 16+ population. We will see. From what I can guess, approval will come relatively quickly and then we will be dealing with supply, etc.

As far as younger kids moving quicker, I have to also agree I think they will take their time to ensure safety, etc. May end up earlier than they are saying, but unfortunately, I dont think we are looking at super quick. Of course, I could be wrong.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It would be great if vaccines for the 12-15 age group could be through pediatricians or even at school district sites (like some did to vaccinate teachers). Pediatricians are so used to vaccinating kids and know their ages already. Hopefully we'll see what happens soon!

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I think your DIL is in RI? Make sure she has signed up on the state’s vaccine interest/pre registration system. I did it a while ago, and on Thursday they randomly called me (almost didn’t answer since it was a Providence phone number I didn’t recognize) and said I could come that night to one of the mass vaccination sites run by the National Guard to be on stand by in case of extra doses. I didn’t get one Thursday, but I moved up the list and went back yesterday and was able to get my first dose of Pfizer! I am in my late 30’s and had not expected to be eligible for another week and a half. My husband is early 40’s and will be eligible to start appointment searching on Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes, my family is in RI. Both DC and DIL are in their late 40s. DC got vaccinated several weeks ago at a Nat Guard site because of a couple of comorbidities as well as age but DIL has been waiting til eligible by age alone. I think the preregistration system you mentioned is what she used until she heard from friends for whom it backfired and they were turned away. Apparently the fine print on various state information materials is contradictory.

And soon, 16 y.o. DGD1 will be eligible, so they’ll be searching for an appointment for her too. Unfortunately, the highest risk member of the family is 9 y.o. DGD2, which limits their travel plans.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

OK, so I may be wrong about a VRBPAC meeting - since this is an amendment to an existing EUA, the FDA may not consult with their advisory committee on it. I'm not sure. Our county judge posted on twitter to go ahead and get on the waiting list for 12-15yos, so I went ahead and did that (though there's another place I'd rather take them, if I'm able to get appointments). I'll just be keeping a VERY SHARP eye on the news and vaccine providers in the next weeks, LOL!
    I put DS on our county list as well. They told me there is literally no wait once they approve it. There is another place I'd rather take him as well and it looks like it's easy to get appointments at the moment, but just in case we'r eon the list! So exciting that we've gotten this far!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

duplicate

Wow! Yes, that would be AMAZING! Thank you for always keeping us updated on the status of kids' vaccines. Like many of you, I am anxiously awaiting their arrival.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

duplicate

EEK!!! I hope!! I was just talking to one of my friends and her family doctor told her he thought it would be at least 3 months till they had one approved. I told her I had faith based on my "sources" that there was a chance it would be sooner. I trust Dr Frenck. We're trying to get DS2 enrolled in his study for the pediatric covid vaccine, and it's a 3 hour drive.

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast