Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think June will happen unless there's a secret trial going on. The trial site for Pfizer just called me to get information to see if DS was eligible for the trial. They can't even enroll him yet because it's not open. They will call back in a full weeks to get him scheduled for his appointment. They're still waiting on results from Phase 1 to see what dose works. They want shots in arms for Phase 2/3 in June it sounds like.
    I think it looks like Phase 2/3 will start in June from what I dug up. I seriously was listening with one ear and trying to fill out paperwork at the same time. DD(9) is on the list for one of the sites and I haven't heard either way for her - enroll or thanks but no thanks. Kids were vaccinated at a local site in March, which Pfizer called a 1/2/3 phase study.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    So are they using the same adult dosage of Pfizer for the 12-15 year olds? So it should be a quick shift of using excess adult vaccines to give to kids that age? Is there days out yet on reactions kids in that group are having right after each dose? Just curious if they are as severe as adult reactions or less severe due to age?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yes. They are using the same dosage in the tween/teen group as adults. It should be a quick shift. As soon as it's approved and governors allow it, you're good to go. I read that the reactions kids were having were similar to adults. I don't know specifically if they're as severe as the adults. Reactions to Pfizer in general seem to be less severe than Moderna. Maybe two what? will chime in with the actual study data.

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    So are they using the same adult dosage of Pfizer for the 12-15 year olds? So it should be a quick shift of using excess adult vaccines to give to kids that age? Is there days out yet on reactions kids in that group are having right after each dose? Just curious if they are as severe as adult reactions or less severe due to age?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We’ve been asking everyone we know with 16+ kids what their reactions were. So far, nothing major. Some of my students (college) had side effects...ranging from just feeling crappy for a day to nothing to one having a bad reaction and having to go through hospital to get IV fluids. I think it’s similar to what young adults are experiencing

DD is 15 and fully grown, so I don’t see how her reaction would be any different from a 16-17 year old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS got his 2nd shot this week. The first was a breeze, not even a sore arm. The second was ugly. He had chills, elevated temp, fatigue, etc for 2.5 days. DS is 16

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    DS got his 2nd shot this week. The first was a breeze, not even a sore arm. The second was ugly. He had chills, elevated temp, fatigue, etc for 2.5 days. DS is 16
    DS1 (17) was the same.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS1 (17) has had both doses of Pfizer. The only thing he experienced was a sore arm for 24 hours both times.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DS1 got his just before turning 17. He said he felt slightly dizzy for a moment during the 15 minute wait after the first shot. But it was very brief and that was it.

He had a sore arm the night after the 2nd shot. Still was sore the next morning and after lunch at school he texted me to say he had chills and had zipped up his coat in class. But he finished out the school day. At dinner time he napped for an hour. After that, no more chills and no sore arm. He was fine from then on.

I would say his reaction was between mine and Dh's. We all had Pfizer. I had no side effects. DH was tired and had chills on and off for 2 days.
    Last edited by KrisM; 05-07-2021 at 09:48 PM.
    Kris

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS1 (16) had his second Pfizer last Wednesday and his reaction was milder than the ones DD (18) and I had to our second Moderna shot. He did have a headache, fatigue and body aches, but they weren't severe and he was fine by dinner the day after.

I have DS2 (13) scheduled for a shot next Sunday the 16th. I local high school opened a clinic yesterday for shots 5/16 and 6/6 and I was able to set him up for both. Now hopefully nothing derails the approval this week for 12-15 year olds! It will be a huge relief to have our whole family fully vaxed for summer. Good luck to everyone else seeking those 12-15 time slots over the next couple of weeks. I think it will be fairly easy to find them now that there isn't vaccine scarcity anymore.

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oops. Double post.
    Last edited by marinkitty; 05-08-2021 at 04:11 PM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

duplicate

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast