Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The vaccine for under 12 is now not expected until mid winter.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/15/covid-...by-mid-winter/

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post

This has more information

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/va...?ocid=msedgntp

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    I think the time frame is a little closer to reality. The site where DS is participating at won't have 4 months of data until the first week of October. I know there were some sites that started a week or two earlier, so they'd have 4 months of data in mid-late September.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The latest TWIV, (Episode 780) Daniel Griffith directly addresses the email from a parent of a 4yo child with congenital heart issues and recommends the vaccine (presupposing that it will carry the same risk as the vaccine for adolescents). He strongly recommends getting the vaccine, side effects with myocarditis notwithstanding. His reasoning? Treatment for myocarditis continues to be a 2 day course of treatment with ibuprofen for one thing but most especially COVID infection has a much higher rate of cardiac damage than the vaccine. And (and I think this is really striking) he states that COVID is here to stay. It will not be going away within our lifetime but will be something we're dealing with for years. There will be no "hiding out" the virus. I feel like that's what I've been doing with my littles so far! I feel like that info, buried in a 40 minute podcast, is too important not to share here. Anyone can listen to it! It is probably the last ten minutes or so of the podcast if you feel like skipping!

Unfortunately that only makes me yearn for that vaccine even more. I am happy they are robustly testing the vaccine but I wish like crazy I could get it soon for my two littles. I feel a deep desire both to protect them but also to shut down as many avenues of infection as possible. How I wish we were looking at September for approval! It certainly doesn't look like that will be happening.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The latest TWIV, (Episode 780) Daniel Griffith directly addresses the email from a parent of a 4yo child with congenital heart issues and recommends the vaccine (presupposing that it will carry the same risk as the vaccine for adolescents). He strongly recommends getting the vaccine, side effects with myocarditis notwithstanding. His reasoning? Treatment for myocarditis continues to be a 2 day course of treatment with ibuprofen for one thing but most especially COVID infection has a much higher rate of cardiac damage than the vaccine. And (and I think this is really striking) he states that COVID is here to stay. It will not be going away within our lifetime but will be something we're dealing with for years. There will be no "hiding out" the virus. I feel like that's what I've been doing with my littles so far! I feel like that info, buried in a 40 minute podcast, is too important not to share here. Anyone can listen to it! It is probably the last ten minutes or so of the podcast if you feel like skipping!

Unfortunately that only makes me yearn for that vaccine even more. I am happy they are robustly testing the vaccine but I wish like crazy I could get it soon for my two littles. I feel a deep desire both to protect them but also to shut down as many avenues of infection as possible. How I wish we were looking at September for approval! It certainly doesn't look like that will be happening.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49