Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Just got back from a well visit at our pedi. He told me they are getting their first shipment of Pfizer in on the 17th and plan to vaccinate 12+ at that time. He was very confident authorization would go through. We held off DS2s HPV booster in anticipation.

He also mentioned they had more dates and believes 5+ should be authorized in June with ages stepping down from there. Of course I'm not counting my chickens yet, but the prospect was encouraging.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Just got back from a well visit at our pedi. He told me they are getting their first shipment of Pfizer in on the 17th and plan to vaccinate 12+ at that time. He was very confident authorization would go through. We held off DS2s HPV booster in anticipation.

He also mentioned they had more dates and believes 5+ should be authorized in June with ages stepping down from there. Of course I'm not counting my chickens yet, but the prospect was encouraging.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post

That's interesting! I don't think they even have fully started 5+ yet because they're only in Phase 1 trying to figure out dosage. Maybe I'm wrong. We're trying to get DS2 enrolled in Phase 2/3 and were told they hadn't started yet. I was thinking the September time frame that Pfizer put out made sense given what I've read on the trials. June would be great.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I so wish the June estimate for 5+ turns out to be true!

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Oh yes!! My 9-y.o. DGD2 is the highest risk in their family and the only one who hasn’t received at least one dose of vaccine. If a June estimate is true, she might actually get vaccinated before she turns 10!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    That's interesting! I don't think they even have fully started 5+ yet because they're only in Phase 1 trying to figure out dosage. Maybe I'm wrong. We're trying to get DS2 enrolled in Phase 2/3 and were told they hadn't started yet. I was thinking the September time frame that Pfizer put out made sense given what I've read on the trials. June would be great.
    I don't think you are wrong. We were at our ped with my 5yo last week and he said fall/winter most likely. June would be great but I don't see how the trials are that far along for that age.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think June will happen unless there's a secret trial going on. The trial site for Pfizer just called me to get information to see if DS was eligible for the trial. They can't even enroll him yet because it's not open. They will call back in a full weeks to get him scheduled for his appointment. They're still waiting on results from Phase 1 to see what dose works. They want shots in arms for Phase 2/3 in June it sounds like.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'll race DD1 (13...14 in July) to the ped for Pfizer as soon as it has the greenlight. Our region is just sitting on thousands of unused doses waiting for more arms. DD2 is 11.5 and I'm soooo bummed she misses the cut off. I'm willing to enroll her in a trial. Filled out the form, but haven't been contacted.

We go to WDW at the very end of June. So assuming 12+ is given the goahead, there's enough time for DD1 to get both doses of Pfizer AND be two weeks out before we step on the plane!! I'd love nothing more than to at least get one dose into DD2 before the trip, but don't have high hopes.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So are they using the same adult dosage of Pfizer for the 12-15 year olds? So it should be a quick shift of using excess adult vaccines to give to kids that age? Is there days out yet on reactions kids in that group are having right after each dose? Just curious if they are as severe as adult reactions or less severe due to age?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast