Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Looks like our county health department has opened for 12+, but they only have appointments on Thursdays during the school day. I'm trying to hold out until Walgreens or CVS allows us to schedule so I can get a Friday afternoon appointment. That way there's no missed school for the shot and any side effects will be over the weekend. So it's probably going to be next week.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You might look at your independent pharmacies. Several of ours here are booking appointments for after 3 pm today. One is already giving the vaccine.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    That is great news! Part of me wonders why the state needs a 53-60 hour lag time though from Monday night until Thursday. It isn’t like it is a completely different vaccine.

I called my county and they said to wait even though there are plenty vaccines available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because there is still one more step of it being approved and that is happening today (Wednesday).

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Because there is still one more step of it being approved and that is happening today (Wednesday).
    Thanks....I thought that happened on Monday night.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No one in PA is allowing scheduling for this age group yet and many of the places that can get Pfizer are showing out of stock currently. Hopefully after today’s meeting they will open up scheduling. I also want to do it on a Friday in case they have side effects, they don’t want to feel yucky while doing school (even though they are currently doing cyber school). They saw DH and I totally wiped out from our second Moderna this past weekend and think they might feel the same.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Thanks....I thought that happened on Monday night.

The FDA approved it, but there is another agency that also needs to approve it and their meeting is today.

duplicate
    Last edited by candaceb; 05-12-2021 at 12:00 PM. Reason: duplicate

DS is 10 with an August birthday. He is going to a 4 week sleepaway camp and my biggest fear of the summer is that he will somehow get a positive COVID test when he gets there and not be able to attend. That's the only real time pressure we have in terms of getting it done now vs. the end of the summer when they're saying the next age group might happen. He is low risk overall - DH and I are both vax'd and we live in a very COVID compliant community. He just started back to school last week and will only have 12 total days in the classroom.
    The only reason I can come up with not to do it is the ethical/moral implications of taking him when he knows he is not 12 and that is the magic number.

ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    DS is 10 with an August birthday. He is going to a 4 week sleepaway camp and my biggest fear of the summer is that he will somehow get a positive COVID test when he gets there and not be able to attend. That's the only real time pressure we have in terms of getting it done now vs. the end of the summer when they're saying the next age group might happen. He is low risk overall - DH and I are both vax'd and we live in a very COVID compliant community. He just started back to school last week and will only have 12 total days in the classroom.
    The only reason I can come up with not to do it is the ethical/moral implications of taking him when he knows he is not 12 and that is the magic number.
    Folks around here were taking kids in before it was available for their time slot. It backfired and they were unable to get the second dose. I wouldn't try that, although I totally appreciate the temptation.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our health department just told me their system will switch over to allow this age to schedule as soon as the CDC makes their recommendation. DS wants the first appointment in the morning He can hardly contain himself right now, even though I have an appointment about 30 minutes away for Friday.

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast