Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
Yes! Definitely wait. We waited to get Dd’s first HPV vax until she was 14. We will wait at least that long with DS1 since he’s physically delayed (bone age is more like 9.5 than someone who is turning 12 this summer. No signs of puberty, no body hair, no body odor.). DH is a physician who treats patients with head and neck cancers, as well as cervical cancers, and he’s very pro-HPV vax, but he wanted to wait until a couple of extra years with our kids.

But I do think everyone should be aware that you need 14 days in between vaccines.

And MIL was trying to schedule a mammogram, and they didn’t want to schedule it until 6 weeks after her covid shot. Apparently women were having some abnormal results after the vaccine...but turned out to be noting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Im really glad I reread this thread. The twins are 13 and I just scheduled their annual check up and first HPV vax for June. But I think I’ll hold off in case I can get them the covid vax.

I’ve said in the past I’d weigh the risks of the vax against the risks of long covid for my kids but with the news of the more contagious and serious variants as well as the effectiveness of the vaccines of preventing serious COVID cases, the scale is tipping toward the vax. Course, they likely won’t even get it until late summer. Ds1 is 17 and hasn’t been called yet. DS2 turns 16 in July so he’ll be able to get it too before summer is out.