Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    It would be great if vaccines for the 12-15 age group could be through pediatricians or even at school district sites (like some did to vaccinate teachers). Pediatricians are so used to vaccinating kids and know their ages already. Hopefully we'll see what happens soon!
    I am guessing ours will do this, they are actually holding a vaccine clinic this Friday for all their patients over 16 (DD is already vaccinated as her part time job at the ice rink made her a city worker and she qualified for the last group). They sent out a text and then set up a sign up online for a drive thru vaccine clinic, it was super organized from what I hear, they will have a waiting area in an adjoining parking lot that is empty right now. They are a very proactive practice, the biggest one in our little city and I expect they will do this for the 12-15 year olds when it's their turn.

Dd (15) needed her Second HPV vax, and the possibility of Pfizer being approved very soon, pushed me to get it done today. I know it needs to be at least 14 days between vaccines, so DD will be good to go by May.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Dd (15) needed her Second HPV vax, and the possibility of Pfizer being approved very soon, pushed me to get it done today. I know it needs to be at least 14 days between vaccines, so DD will be good to go by May.
    Good point that the need for normal vaccinations doesn’t stop just because of covid. I remember hearing earlier concerns that reduced in-person health care due to covid precautions would result in reductions in preventive health services generally and particularly vaccinations. Not sure how much this actually occurred.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We just had DS’s checkup and they wanted to start the HPV series. I told them I’d rather delay it by a month or two in case Pfizer gets approved soon. She kinda looked at me like I was trying to dodge out of it, but I told her if there’s a chance Pfizer gets approved in the next two weeks I’d be kicking myself, as I’d rather he get the covid shot first. He’s almost 13 so we still have time before he would need to get three shots.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    We just had DS’s checkup and they wanted to start the HPV series. I told them I’d rather delay it by a month or two in case Pfizer gets approved soon. She kinda looked at me like I was trying to dodge out of it, but I told her if there’s a chance Pfizer gets approved in the next two weeks I’d be kicking myself, as I’d rather he get the covid shot first. He’s almost 13 so we still have time before he would need to get three shots.
    Yes! Definitely wait. We waited to get Dd’s first HPV vax until she was 14. We will wait at least that long with DS1 since he’s physically delayed (bone age is more like 9.5 than someone who is turning 12 this summer. No signs of puberty, no body hair, no body odor.). DH is a physician who treats patients with head and neck cancers, as well as cervical cancers, and he’s very pro-HPV vax, but he wanted to wait until a couple of extra years with our kids.

But I do think everyone should be aware that you need 14 days in between vaccines.

And MIL was trying to schedule a mammogram, and they didn’t want to schedule it until 6 weeks after her covid shot. Apparently women were having some abnormal results after the vaccine...but turned out to be noting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Ugh DS2 needs his 2nd HPV and I hadn't thought about it coinciding with Covid. Thanks for the reminder to get on it!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Ugh DS2 needs his 2nd HPV and I hadn't thought about it coinciding with Covid. Thanks for the reminder to get on it!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Oh, thanks for this. DS got his first HPV shot last December right after he turned 11. Looks like he will need to get the 2nd one no later than this December, which will be when he's eligible for the Covid vaccination if it's approved for tweens by then.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Yes!! I actually called our pediatrician's office to ask if mine were due for any of their shots since they have a well-check coming up. I gave the same reason...if they are due for other vaccinations, we want to either delay them or move them up earlier in order to prioritize the covid vaccine because the last thing I want is for the covid vaccine to become available and then have to wait because they got another vaccination in the prior 2 weeks. The nurse was like "I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND."

And with variants and cases creeping up, I'm a little worried that it'll start looking "bad" in a few weeks which might prompt people to rush for vaccinations...
    Last edited by twowhat?; 04-16-2021 at 10:18 AM.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Yes!! I actually called our pediatrician's office to ask if mine were due for any of their shots since they have a well-check coming up. I gave the same reason...if they are due for other vaccinations, we want to either delay them or move them up earlier in order to prioritize the covid vaccine because the last thing I want is for the covid vaccine to become available and then have to wait because they got another vaccination in the prior 2 weeks. The nurse was like "I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND."

And with variants and cases creeping up, I'm a little worried that it'll start looking "bad" in a few weeks which might prompt people to rush for vaccinations...
    Variants are starting to creep up here. Our county just posted that kids are now 15% of cases here and before now they were never anymore than 5%. They also shared that the kids are getting sicker than they’ve seen before and a few have been severe. We have about 35,000 in our county so it’s not a huge number but still shows that it’s going up. I’m wondering if people will be more interest now as well getting kids vaccinated. There’s not a lot of interest in shots here right now.

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast