Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Yes! Definitely wait. We waited to get Dd’s first HPV vax until she was 14. We will wait at least that long with DS1 since he’s physically delayed (bone age is more like 9.5 than someone who is turning 12 this summer. No signs of puberty, no body hair, no body odor.). DH is a physician who treats patients with head and neck cancers, as well as cervical cancers, and he’s very pro-HPV vax, but he wanted to wait until a couple of extra years with our kids.

But I do think everyone should be aware that you need 14 days in between vaccines.

And MIL was trying to schedule a mammogram, and they didn’t want to schedule it until 6 weeks after her covid shot. Apparently women were having some abnormal results after the vaccine...but turned out to be noting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Im really glad I reread this thread. The twins are 13 and I just scheduled their annual check up and first HPV vax for June. But I think I’ll hold off in case I can get them the covid vax.

I’ve said in the past I’d weigh the risks of the vax against the risks of long covid for my kids but with the news of the more contagious and serious variants as well as the effectiveness of the vaccines of preventing serious COVID cases, the scale is tipping toward the vax. Course, they likely won’t even get it until late summer. Ds1 is 17 and hasn’t been called yet. DS2 turns 16 in July so he’ll be able to get it too before summer is out.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I know this is an older thread, but here's an exciting update: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/h...ine-teens.html

for Sandy Hook

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Have they finished enrolling for the under 12 trial yet?

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I don't think Pfizer has finished enrolling the under 11s yet. Last update was posted a month ago along with their press release about the 12-15yo data:
    https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-re...esults-pivotal

I hope they've made good headway in enrolling and initiating since then...fingers crossed.

Oh, I’ve got my fingers crossed! Does anyone know if national chains like CVS/ Walmart will immunize younger kids once it’s approved. If I can get DD started on the Pfizer vaccine before the end of the month she’ll be fully faxed before we see my parents in July.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just checking this thread where I usually can find the latest news on this, LOL!

Snow mom, I don't know if the pharmacies will carry them; good question. I would think yes, given there were no major differences between adults and this age group and pharmacies gave to 16 year olds, but that's just a guess. They did say on Dear Pandemic that there won't be any prioritization of high needs and all in this age group will be eligible when that happens, as there is not the same vaccine shortage when they first approved the vaccines for adults.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Our pediatrician called for ds1 the other day to offer him a vaccine in their office. Looks like they might be rolling into PCPs offices vs pharmacies, hospitals and clinics here.

MSWR0319 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow mom View Post
    Oh, I’ve got my fingers crossed! Does anyone know if national chains like CVS/ Walmart will immunize younger kids once it’s approved. If I can get DD started on the Pfizer vaccine before the end of the month she’ll be fully faxed before we see my parents in July.
    I’m hoping they will! We are rural and don’t have a “pediatrician office”like some big cities. The two local pediatricians are in the only medical group in the county. My kids don’t even see a pediatrician, but instead see a family NP because I don’t like the pediatricians. It would be much easier for us to go to a local pharmacy than have to wait on a doctors office.

MSWR0319 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I don’t think so. I’ve got DS2 on a list for two sites within 3 hours of us and neither has called yet. One sent me an email today saying a trial would be getting ready to start in the next few weeks or so and they’d be in contact, but didn’t specify if it was Pfizer. They were a site for the 12-15 year olds and no other vaccines so I’m hoping it’s the Pfizer trial. I know right now they are trying to figure out the right dose in Phase 1 so still enrolling for phase 2/3 I believe.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I don’t think so. I’ve got DS2 on a list for two sites within 3 hours of us and neither has called yet. One sent me an email today saying a trial would be getting ready to start in the next few weeks or so and they’d be in contact, but didn’t specify if it was Pfizer. They were a site for the 12-15 year olds and no other vaccines so I’m hoping it’s the Pfizer trial. I know right now they are trying to figure out the right dose in Phase 1 so still enrolling for phase 2/3 I believe.
    Do you know if they’ve closed enrollment? Do you happen to have a link?

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast