Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Default Please post the latest on Covid vaccines for kids

Still waiting in MA too. This site in Lowell has opened to schedule 12-15 year olds. Waiting for something a little closer though

https://lowellgeneralvaccine.myhealt..._ZcnceFmYn0uE0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    The FDA has issued the EUA, which means that HCPs can prescribe it (in most states, the state health commissioner has issued standing orders). The CDC ACIP recommends who should get the vaccine. For example, some vaccines (such as rabies, or shingles) are only recommended for those at high risk, when the benefits outweigh the risks. Others are recommended for everyone (flu, childhood vaccines). Previously, they set the priorities for who got the COVID vaccine first, but states did not have to follow that. In this case, it is pretty clear that they are going to recommend all 12-15 year olds get it, as supply is no longer an issue in most places.

So, states could go ahead and start using it in 12-15 yos, but some will wait for the ACIP recommendation.
    Thanks for the explanation! A friend posted that her 12-15 yo got it today and I was confused as to how she was able to.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I messaged our county health dept, in Illinois, response said they aren't awaiting official cdc and IDPH (state health dept) approval, ugh, just open it up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RI opened up registration for 12-15 age group this morning, and same day appointments were available.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

jillmk is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

nfceagles, both UConn Health and YNNH opened up scheduling to 12-15 year olds a few hours ago, for Thursday and later appts.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I found a local independent pharmacy that is accepting appointments for 12 - 15 as long as you schedule them for Thursday on. I made one for Friday evening - so excited!

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jillmk View Post
    nfceagles, both UConn Health and YNNH opened up scheduling to 12-15 year olds a few hours ago, for Thursday and later appts.
    Good to know! Thanks!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    I found a local independent pharmacy that is accepting appointments for 12 - 15 as long as you schedule them for Thursday on. I made one for Friday evening - so excited!
    Same in my area. A mom friend posted about a local pharmacy accepting appointments so I was able to schedule DS2 an appointment last night for the day after his 12th birthday in 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    That is great news! Part of me wonders why the state needs a 53-60 hour lag time though from Monday night until Thursday. It isn’t like it is a completely different vaccine.

I called my county and they said to wait even though there are plenty vaccines available.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Our county health dept opened up appts for Thursday and after. I scheduled DD for Friday. Not really a rush, we’ve made it this long. But between my work and her various events (recitals, graduation, etc), the date works best for scheduling the second shot.

Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast