Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Teens are dying from myocarditis https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/sta...149991939?s=20. My boys had the normal kid response. We thought we had a allergy/cold they found out that my older and myself have antibodies my 12 yr old had same symptoms for a day ish. I’m not even entertaining this shot until they figure out the side effects
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    Are we sure of this though or have we just not seen it in under 16 because they haven't opened the vaccines up to under 16 for as long yet?
    There hasn't been enough time elapsed to collect data on the under-16s. The meeting this Friday is going to be an important one.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    Teens are dying from myocarditis https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/sta...149991939?s=20. My boys had the normal kid response. We thought we had a allergy/cold they found out that my older and myself have antibodies my 12 yr old had same symptoms for a day ish. I’m not even entertaining this shot until they figure out the side effects
    That's pretty harrowing. It sounds like a huge part of the tragedy is not recognizing the symptoms. What I've heard is that treating quickly is a major factor and I think that's a huge part of why we need to talk about this.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I found this article about myocarditis in teens helpful.
    https://www.aappublications.org/news...reports-060421

I can also say we aren’t seeing an uptick in myocarditis in Boston area hospitals in teens and we have a high vaccination rate.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS2 is 12 and had his 2nd dose yesterday. So far, nothing but a sore arm. It's been about 20 hours. I really pushed the Gatorade on him.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I found this article about myocarditis in teens helpful.
    https://www.aappublications.org/news...reports-060421

I can also say we aren’t seeing an uptick in myocarditis in Boston area hospitals in teens and we have a high vaccination rate.
    Thank you for this. I've been following the stories closely as I have 2 boys (15 and 12) in the potentially higher risk category. There may very well be a link and evaluating the possibility needs to be prioritized. That said, both my boys have been vaccinated. 13 days out from the second shot for DS1 and 4 days or DS2. Both boys had some fatigue and a sore arm for a day but that's it. I'll breathe a little sigh of relief next week but it's not keeping me up at night.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

double post strikes again
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

DD has now had her second dose of Novavax. The first dose was just a little arm soreness, the second dose was very similar to my reaction during the Moderna trial. She has a fever, headache, and swelling around the injection side for several days. Fever and headache lasted less than 24 hours, and swelling was completely resolved in 4 days. And now we know she's definitely not in the placebo group.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    DD has now had her second dose of Novavax. The first dose was just a little arm soreness, the second dose was very similar to my reaction during the Moderna trial. She has a fever, headache, and swelling around the injection side for several days. Fever and headache lasted less than 24 hours, and swelling was completely resolved in 4 days. And now we know she's definitely not in the placebo group.
    Congrats to her! Please thank you for doing that. I'm sure you feel good knowing she got the real one. DS2 is in the Pfizer trial and I'm hoping he gets the real thing but no indication from his first shot that he did.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Congrats to her! Please thank you for doing that. I'm sure you feel good knowing she got the real one. DS2 is in the Pfizer trial and I'm hoping he gets the real thing but no indication from his first shot that he did.
    Interesting that shots that are even different types (ie. I believe I have read novavaxx is not an MRNA but also different from J&J) have similar reactions.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast