Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I have a 12 year old and a 9 year old. I really want the 12 year old vaccinated because he's the one that wants to be with friends more and is at that stage where he needs to be. We're more careful than others, so this is hard. I can make things work with the 9 year old, he's not as social as DS1. I will feel better just knowing that DS1's friends are vaccinated and DS2 can then at least be around them a bit. Luckily DS1's friend's parents are all vaccinated so I'm pretty sure they will get their kids vaccinated as well. Don't worry, we're the strictest parents around too!
    I feel like this too. I have a 17yo, 13yo, 9yo and 7yo. I feel like my two oldest are missing out more on being with their friends. The younger two can be entertained at home more easily. I really feel like my older kids could benefit from more independence and time with peers. So I too am really excited for this vaccine news.

(Conversely, MY life will be so much better once the little ones are vaccinated and able to go to school! The big boys are easy at home, but the pandemic is wearing much more heavily on them! In any case, more vaccines will be better for everyone so yay for that!)

I'm becoming cautiously optimistic that 12 -15 year olds will get vaccinated much earlier than anticipated, maybe even mid summer so well before school starts. Even though DD is younger, having my boys vaxxed will make me feel better. DS1 NEEDS to get out into the world. He isn't the type to initiate socialization so he's gradually stopped contact with friends over the last year. Furthermore, we were stricter than his friends parents. Paul Offitt was great yesterday on the In the Bubble podcast the PP referenced and gave me peace and hope for the summer, even if we can't loosen up now.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Riverside County, California just opened up to everyone 16 and up but 16-17 year olds can only get the Pfizer vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Riverside County, California just opened up to everyone 16 and up but 16-17 year olds can only get the Pfizer vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 is 17 and got the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. He and DH drove up to Cal State Bakersfield to get it since they have a huge surplus and are giving them out to everyone 16+. You don't even need an appointment, just walk in.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just got an alert that Pfizer has filed to expand to the 12-15 age group!!! Does anyone know how long this process is likely to take?

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I just got an alert that Pfizer has filed to expand to the 12-15 age group!!! Does anyone know how long this process is likely to take?
    Last time was 3 weeks, I think, from filing to the advisory committee meeting. There is a certain time they need to wait for public notice, etc. Then it was about 3 days to get the final authorization from the FDA.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh wow, that's exciting!

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Woo-hoo! I need to go sign up for alerts! Although my BBB friends are a good alert system too!

ETA: MSWR0319, which alert system did you get this from? Thanks!
    Last edited by JustMe; 04-09-2021 at 02:16 PM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

duplicate
    Last edited by twowhat?; 04-09-2021 at 02:24 PM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I was just coming to post!!
    https://www.streetinsider.com/Corpor.../18244386.html

I'm not sure how long it'll take. It's less data to have to go through. And, it's an "amendment" to the existing EUA...will that expedite things??? I'm literally on the edge of my seat now. The next step is to have that VRBPAC meeting scheduled. That'll be huge since prior vaccine EUAs have come within days of this meeting. And will they livestream it again? If so, I'M IN. Again.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 04-09-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast