So my friend's two teens were scheduled to get their covid shots this morning. Her teen daughter texted her from her room and said she wasn't getting her shot because her friend's mom told her it will ruin her fertility. My friend did not make her go because she wants to respect her wishes, but is really frustrated with the situation because her daughter really wanted to get it before that. I'm just so annoyed for her! Apparently this mom is a "popular" person in our small town and is an RN. She sent a text out to all of her children's friends telling them this morning not to get vaccinated because it will ruin their fertility. Who does that? Especially to teens? And everyone is listening to her because she's "so and so" and if she says it, it must be true. If people have reasons that they don't want to get vaccinated, that's their business. But I hate that my friend's daughter was scared into making a decision that she originally wasn't going to choose, simply because of someone else's opinion that scientifically hasn't been proven. If she felt the need to share the information she should have just sent it to their parents. It's just so maddening to me that these kids are trying to make choices they feel are right for them only to get scared into doing the opposite.