Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Riding in a car in COVID times?

My sister and mom and I are planning to meet at a local outdoor garden. My sister is flying in from the DC area and teaches public school. Both are fully vaccinated. I have yet to receive any vaccine. Though my two high risk family members just each received their first dose on Thursday. The two are asking if I want to drive to the garden. It’s at least a one way drive each way. They’re saying they ride in the backseat of my van and we crack a window. And we wear masks. Safe? Or would you guys drive separately? At the garden we’ll be outside the entire time. I’m only worried about the drive there and back.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes. I’d be totally comfortable with that arrangement.
    K

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'd be ok with it. But if they can drive themselves then they should.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think I would be ok with that. It follows the CDC guidelines (fully vaxed with only one family being unvaxed plus you're wearing masks and cracking windows). I'm not going to lie by saying I think I would be fully comfortable doing it just because I think it'll be awhile until I feel fully comfortable doing anything with people outside of my house (and I have two shots but am not through my two week post vaccine to be considered fully vaxed yet) even though I know it should be safe. I'll do it if I think it's safe, I just think it'll make me a bit anxious. I was just thinking about how nice it would be to go to the nursery with my friend to get flowers in a few months and then was also thinking about how weird it would be to be in the same car with her.

ETA: If you feel safer driving by yourself, by all means do that just to ease anxiety.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Riding in a car in COVID times?

I did the other day with 2 friends. 2 of us are fully vaccinated and the other has her first shot. I let the least vaccinated decide as she’s most at risk. We all had masks and opened the windows

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I think I'd feel okay with it - masks on and a few windows open.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If you can avoid it, I would. It's not the highest risk activity, given the vaccinations, but if it wouldn't be a huge hardship, I would drive separately.

I have a relative that manged to infect 5 other family members via a 1 hr car ride. One of them ended up in the ICU for 2 months (ventilator, ECMO, dialysis, etc), so..yeah, carpool is one activity on our "heck no" list.

I’d be fine with masks and semi-opened windows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This situation sounds perfectly acceptable.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I think I would be ok with that. It follows the CDC guidelines (fully vaxed with only one family being unvaxed plus you're wearing masks and cracking windows). I'm not going to lie by saying I think I would be fully comfortable doing it just because I think it'll be awhile until I feel fully comfortable doing anything with people outside of my house (and I have two shots but am not through my two week post vaccine to be considered fully vaxed yet) even though I know it should be safe. I'll do it if I think it's safe, I just think it'll make me a bit anxious. I was just thinking about how nice it would be to go to the nursery with my friend to get flowers in a few months and then was also thinking about how weird it would be to be in the same car with her.

ETA: If you feel safer driving by yourself, by all means do that just to ease anxiety.
    She said it better than I would

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast