Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

They aren't in yet, so I can't give a review, but I ordered DD1 a pair of the Sleepover Shorts from Knixteen because they look a lot less bulky than the night shorts from Thinx. They look more like a pair of short bike shorts.

They have them in women's sizes too, but not as many cool colors.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wish they were a loose fit style, DD wears super short but loose to bed, she wears a kids L usually or ladies xxs, I think these would be so great for college. Please review when they arrive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I wish they were a loose fit style, DD wears super short but loose to bed, she wears a kids L usually or ladies xxs, I think these would be so great for college. Please review when they arrive.

How would loose work? Maybe I'm envisioning something different. Logistically I just can't see how that wouldn't be a messy proposition (TMI!!)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Thinx for Target!

I think she might like the "air" ones on the thinx website, she normally wears thongs or kids bikini style from Mark's and Spencer (they don't have them anymore just a brief). The thinner fabric sounds perfect for her. At college she could rinse in her dorm. The thong style thinx only says it holds 1 tampon worth so maybe not worth it.

Anyone have the night shorts? How heavy are they? She's not a fan of thick underwear.

Tbh- in college I was so glad that I was used to using tampons....so easy with a super tampon during the day and even overnight with a super plus tampon that I rarely had to rinse my underwear. If I did I probably just took them and rinsed them in the shower (to avoid having to do it in the communal bathroom sink) and then did a load of laundry that day but I think I just used tampons all of the time and maybe panty liners as a back up; but I wore thongs too and they didn’t make thing panty liners in the 90s.

ETA: about the actual product....bummed they don’t have these in my local store because I want to feel them before I buy. I feel weird returning underwear. I also wish they had a thong style for me, but oh well. Dd1 currently has Ruby Love period panties but if she needs more then maybe I will order her some of these. These a definitely more reasonably priced than the official Thinx. I almost had a heart attack when I started looking at period underwear for myself; enough for one period cycle for me (I still use a super or super plus every 3 hours tampon for 90% of when I have my cycle, and use a overnight pad at night) with no leaks was $224 at $32 regular price for a minimum of 5-7 pairs. I know it isn’t eco friendly but I am pretty sure I don’t spend that much
    on feminine products in an entire year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 04-23-2021 at 11:27 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Anyone have the night shorts? How heavy are they? She's not a fan of thick underwear.
    I have the non target thinkx version of these. For the money I don't think they are worth it, they have gotten bunched up and feel very diaper-y. I think regular thinx + loose shorts are a better combo for me.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Annie, they come boxed so you can’t feel them in the store anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I think she might like the "air" ones on the thinx website, she normally wears thongs or kids bikini style from Mark's and Spencer (they don't have them anymore just a brief). The thinner fabric sounds perfect for her. At college she could rinse in her dorm. The thong style thinx only says it holds 1 tampon worth so maybe not worth it.

If she doesn’t like thick underwear, definitely try the air version. I have those and the regular version and they are so much thinner and more comfy!

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Tbh- in college I was so glad that I was used to using tampons....so easy with a super tampon during the day and even overnight with a super plus tampon that I rarely had to rinse my underwear. If I did I probably just took them and rinsed them in the shower (to avoid having to do it in the communal bathroom sink) and then did a load of laundry that day but I think I just used tampons all of the time and maybe panty liners as a back up; but I wore thongs too and they didn’t make thing panty liners in the 90s.

ETA: about the actual product....bummed they don’t have these in my local store because I want to feel them before I buy. I feel weird returning underwear. I also wish they had a thong style for me, but oh well. Dd1 currently has Ruby Love period panties but if she needs more then maybe I will order her some of these. These a definitely more reasonably priced than the official Thinx. I almost had a heart attack when I started looking at period underwear for myself; enough for one period cycle for me (I still use a super or super plus every 3 hours tampon for 90% of when I have my cycle, and use a overnight pad at night) with no leaks was $224 at $32 regular price for a minimum of 5-7 pairs. I know it isn’t eco friendly but I am pretty sure I don’t spend that much
    on feminine products in an entire year.

DD has been using tampons since age 11, and hates wearing a pad overnight, so thought these might be good, but it sounds like the overnight options will not work for her.

I'm trying to get her to use a cup, seriously, I sadly discovered a cup with only about 3 years left before menopause, it is life changing (I have about 10 friends who I shared this with and they also are huge cup fans.

She has been on continuous BC for about two years, so no period, but lately has been getting one, so we need to get in to see the gyn but it's hard to get in with school and her schedule, so that will be on the to do list this summer and then maybe it won't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    They aren't in yet, so I can't give a review, but I ordered DD1 a pair of the Sleepover Shorts from Knixteen because they look a lot less bulky than the night shorts from Thinx. They look more like a pair of short bike shorts.

These seem like a great style, but it looks like the actual "protection" part is only about the size of a extra long pad rather than going all the way up the back? If that's the case I don't get why they're so darn expensive or how they'd help with leaks since they'd only cover as much as a pad anyway? Or is the entire short leakproof? DD and I both would need something that goes all the way up the back to avoid leaks. I wear my cup overnight and still overflow and leak out on my worst days. I was wanting some for cup backup on bad days (I can overflow a size 2 DIVA in under 2 hours, and on days I'm in the classroom and can't just run to the bathroom as needed it can get a little sketchy if I don't also wear an overnight pad as backup).
    Last edited by calebsmama03; 05-06-2021 at 11:58 PM.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post

20210428_143620.jpg Hoping this pic comes through. The sleep shorts came in today. I took a pic of the absorbent section, with my hand for scale. These are a kids size 14. Looks like the coverage is heavily geared towards the back, so it's going to depend on how you sleep.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast