Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I'm going to have a hard time re-emerging from all this without vividly remembering how my friends handled themselves during this time. It will have a lasting affect on my friendships with some of them.
    Yes, some true colors truly did come through during this.

It feels like availability to more general populations has started to ramp up around here. DH and I ended up volunteering at a clinic last week. The only incentive was the chance to get vaccinated and they were having trouble finding volunteers. I was fine directing traffic for the chance. I have certainly done more for way less.

Tenasparkl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ezcc View Post
    if you work for a media organization, university, or government you probably have been vaccinated
    The difference between states is so frustrating! Here in southern CA where SO many people work in media (entertainment) it isn't allowed yet. Crew members are working closely on sets and the studios are paying tons of money to make sure there's regular testing and all sorts of other safety measures in place. It makes me furious! I'm lucky enough to work in animation at home, but know so many people on show and movie sets that can't get vaccinated yet (at least 50plus is eligible this week).

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm sorry, OP. It really does suck. Especially when you know some people are jumping the line not because they're concerned for their own health, but so that they can use their vaccination status to justify not wearing a mask/social distancing/gathering. It's a totally imperfect (and unfair) process.

Hang in there...you are so close.

Default ugh more vaccine woe

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    The difference between states is so frustrating! Here in southern CA where SO many people work in media (entertainment) it isn't allowed yet. Crew members are working closely on sets and the studios are paying tons of money to make sure there's regular testing and all sorts of other safety measures in place. It makes me furious! I'm lucky enough to work in animation at home, but know so many people on show and movie sets that can't get vaccinated yet (at least 50plus is eligible this week).
    My BIL is in the industry (crew) and he’s had many covid tests. He jokes that you need a covid test to get onto the set to get your second covid test. And if you switch studios, you need another covid test. He’s had multiple covid tests in a week because he’s switched studios (two days at one, then two days at another.). But I’m happy they are being very vigilant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It's frustrating how different states are! In my state, anyone 16+ is eligible at this point. I guess the bad side of that is that I think part of the reason that's the case is because people in my state aren't signing up enough for vaccines.....

I don't advocate cheating the system in any way and am so disappointed in anyone who does -- but I've also been amazed to see the amount of people I know qualifying for reasons I never would have expected. But I can imagine your frustration hearing a friend brag about flat out lying to get the shot ahead of people who really need it!
    Lizi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2