Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccine

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If you'd prefer Pfizer, personally I'd wait for the Pfizer vax. It has less of the mRNA and is just as effective. (I know this isn't a popular opinion- but having gotten Moderna, I wish I'd waited for the Pfizer or even better, the one and done J&J!)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You qualify as an educator, so go for it.

I had pfizer, and I was miserable for nearly a week after my second shot. I had a fever, aches, chills for 4 days, and then headaches and dizziness for several more days after that. I have a friend who is my same age have the same symptoms with her Pfizer shot as well. So I think the side effects are a toss up and wouldn't let that sway me either way.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Small update: BIL that went on Monday to this mass vaccination site actually got Pfizer. The paperwork to sign before your appointment mentions both Moderna and Pfizer so they may be alternating what they have in stock. There were still a lot of appointments left late last night for Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and they just added next Monday. So I went ahead and scheduled appointments for DH and I. The Friday and Saturday appts. Have been available all week and I noticed there have been local news articles advertising this mass vaccine site. If people haven’t scheduled appointments yet, I’m guessing they won’t. We live in a very republican area, lots of covid deniers, so I’m guessing people just don’t want it. May as well protect myself and family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I got my J&J appointment for the 15th, the day I become eligible. DH and DS1 got their first doses of Pfizer yesterday by driving up to Bakersfield, CA where they have a surplus of vaccines and are giving them out to anyone 16+

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I got my J&J appointment for the 15th, the day I become eligible. DH and DS1 got their first doses of Pfizer yesterday by driving up to Bakersfield, CA where they have a surplus of vaccines and are giving them out to anyone 16+

Oh my gosh! My DH sent me the link to the Bakersfield clinic. Is your DH and DS1 eligible otherwise? I'm not. DH said it didn't matter? But I need to look into it more. How do you already have your appointment? I am eligible on the 15th and I would love to secure an appointment. J&J would be the best! Then I'd be done roughly the same time as my DH and DS1 (who got Moderna and Pfizer respectively).

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Oh my gosh! My DH sent me the link to the Bakersfield clinic. Is your DH and DS1 eligible otherwise? I'm not. DH said it didn't matter? But I need to look into it more. How do you already have your appointment? I am eligible on the 15th and I would love to secure an appointment. J&J would be the best! Then I'd be done roughly the same time as my DH and DS1 (who got Moderna and Pfizer respectively).
    No, my DH and DS are not eligible until the 15th. They are taking everyone at Cal State Bakersfield that is 16+ as they have 5400 vaccines a day and the most they've given out so far is 2400 according to yesterday's LA Times article. You can't schedule an appointment, just come as a walk in. DH said the wait was less than 5 minutes and there were only 3 people in front of them.

I scheduled my appointment by saying I'm eligible now due to medical conditions. Then I just picked the 15th since that is the day everyone is eligible. I did the same for my mom who became eligible on the 1st and got her J&J vaccine that same day.

No, my DH and DS are not eligible until the 15th. They are taking everyone at Cal State Bakersfield that is 16+ as they have 5400 vaccines a day and the most they've given out so far is 2400 according to yesterday's LA Times article. You can't schedule an appointment, just come as a walk in. DH said the wait was less than 5 minutes and there were only 3 people in front of them.

I scheduled my appointment by saying I'm eligible now due to medical conditions. Then I just picked the 15th since that is the day everyone is eligible. I did the same for my mom who became eligible on the 1st and got her J&J vaccine that same day.

Got it! I wondered how everyone was working that out! I might just try the Bakersfield clinic way! Fieldtrip! (To Bakersfield, but since I'm home all the time, maybe it is still exciting, lol?)

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Got it! I wondered how everyone was working that out! I might just try the Bakersfield clinic way! Fieldtrip! (To Bakersfield, but since I'm home all the time, maybe it is still exciting, lol?)
    I've heard great things about the Bakersfield site. It sounds like the people working there are friendly and have been encouraging those that get shots to send friends and family too. You can get the second shot elsewhere if you don't want to make the drive twice, but they do schedule you for a second appointment.

DH was super excited to go! He's been working from home for over a year now and hates it! I on the other hand did not feel like sitting in the car for 3 hours round trip and had no issue waiting until next week. Bakersfield only has Pfizer vaccines though, no J&J if that's what you're wanting.

DH was super excited to go! He's been working from home for over a year now and hates it! I on the other hand did not feel like sitting in the car for 3 hours round trip and had no issue waiting until next week. Bakersfield only has Pfizer vaccines though, no J&J if that's what you're wanting.

Dang. It is NEXT WEEK! If I can find J&J then I'll be fully protected sooner. Decisions, decisions....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast