Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Covid vaccine

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Dang. It is NEXT WEEK! If I can find J&J then I'll be fully protected sooner. Decisions, decisions....
    That was my thought. TWIV says the best protection with J&J is after 4 weeks, not 2. That the 100% effectiveness against severe disease, hospitalization, and death were at the 4 week mark. So in the end, even though DH is got his a week sooner than me, we should reach full protection at the exact same time.

I signed up through here for our J&J vaccines. Keep checking as they list different brands at different locations all the time. My mom got her J&J at the Northridge location, but I'm getting mine in El Monte, although I'll keep looking for a closer location on the same day. https://www.cffhae.org/patient-guide...ine-locations/

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    ... I also don't necessarily think that it matters which vaccine. I think your own biological variability is the important factor and that can't be changed! I hope you get your vaccine!

My ILs (both are 75) and my friend the OBGYN (she's 44) got Moderna. The ILs had stronger reactions to dose 2 than my friend did, but they were both pretty miserable ... but the reactions passed quickly, were easily managed with OTC fever reducers, and they're now fully protected.

DH and I (he's 46; I just turned 43) got Pfizer. I had extended arm pain with dose 1, much like my experience with the flu shot the past couple of years, but my reaction after dose 2 was fatigue, body/joint aches, and swollen lymph nodes. DH, on the other hand, said he felt like he'd been hit by a truck.

One of the parents from my GS troop got the J&J one-and-done. She had fever & chills all night afterward, but bounced back quickly.

My advice? Stay hydrated; for me, it felt like it helped manage the symptoms.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    My advice? Stay hydrated; for me, it felt like it helped manage the symptoms.
    I think there's something to that advice. I've seen people recommending electrolyte drinks if you're experiencing strong side effects and several people said they immediately felt better afterwards. My mom felt like she had a headache every day after her J&J vaccine and that's when I remembered the advice and told her about the Gatorade powder we had. She had 1 glass of Gatorade at night and another the next day and hasn't had a headache since!

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I think there's something to that advice. I've seen people recommending electrolyte drinks if you're experiencing strong side effects and several people said they immediately felt better afterwards. My mom felt like she had a headache every day after her J&J vaccine and that's when I remembered the advice and told her about the Gatorade powder we had. She had 1 glass of Gatorade at night and another the next day and hasn't had a headache since!

I wish I had hydrated more yesterday, I got the J&J yesterday morning, and had a very rough 24 hours. Feeling better now. My sister and BIL got it around the same time and my nephew made sure they drank lots of water and they didn't feel nearly as bad.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    I wish I had hydrated more yesterday, I got the J&J yesterday morning, and had a very rough 24 hours. Feeling better now. My sister and BIL got it around the same time and my nephew made sure they drank lots of water and they didn't feel nearly as bad.

Thank you for this reminder! DH and I got our first round of Moderna tonight! My arm feels tight and sore when I raise it, I felt it right away. DH barely feels a thing so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post

I appreciate the advice! Just got my first Pfizer dose tonight and grabbed a Gatorade when I got home. I will have another along with lots of water tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4