mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Costco Return Question

A few weeks ago we bought a laptop from Costco. Fully intending to keep it, we stupidly threw away the box. However, the thing is a disaster. It’s constantly on the spinning wheel of death and may have compatibility issues with our homes internet.
    So the question is, is it possible to return without the box? I feel so stupid for throwing it away, but who ever returns a laptop especially after we’ve researched to death and decided this was the best one. I can’t afford to throw away $1500.......will they return and even give me the money back or even a cash card? We shop there a lot so a cash card would be fine too
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Costco has a very open return policy and will likely take the return without the box. Since it is electronic they seem to have a 90 day window.
    mom to Billy 12/07

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Agree you can return without the box. Here is what the website says https://customerservice.costco.com/a...o-warehouse%3F
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Costco is great about returns, even without the box. Just make sure that you include ALL components, because they require the power cords/cables for all electronics. I've seen them refuse returns on electronics when the customer is missing a component. They tell the customer to go home and find it, then come back. If you are within the 90 day electronics return period, you are fine.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you all so much!!!