Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Two runners or one large rug?

We are getting closer to putting down LVP throughout our condo. I’ve been looking for a rug that works in the main bedroom but everything seems like “a bit too much”.

I just saw a layout with a runner on each side of the bed - probably 2x4 ish so it doesn’t go under the bed tables or past the end of the bed. I think I’m leaning that way but open to thoughts.

And while we’re here...thoughts on these rug choices? Suggestions for something else? Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’d be annoyed with runners. I feel like the room would look incomplete. I’d need to see more examples. I favor one big or none at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I’d be annoyed with runners. I feel like the room would look incomplete. I’d need to see more examples. I favor one big or none at all.

Agree with this.

Ugh. Didn’t keep the picture I just saw...but looking for one for you reminded me why I never considered it before. Most schematics show 3x5 as seen in the picture below - which looks blocky (?) to me. The one I saw yesterday and now can’t find used runners - maybe 2’4” by 4’. It looked like the really nice hotels that give you something cozy for the first couple steps out of the bed, and at the same more clean lined than a larger rug.

I like the 8x10. And your chevron pick.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think one big rug looks better but I'm sure it is much more expensive! I like your middle pic!

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

9x12
    gives good symmetrical coverage on the sides and not as much at the foot which you don't really need so capitulates the runner look without the jarring effect of multiple transitions
    ETA: Oooh and I love Chevron although any of those rugs will look good given that the room is otherwise simple. The rug will be a real focal point and the chevron is really pretty. You could also do the last one but will need to color match to the remaining decor/painting
    Last edited by mommy111; 04-06-2021 at 09:41 PM.
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I like the 8x10. And your chevron pick.

I agree with this. It’s really pretty.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Default Two runners or one large rug?

Thanks for the input (and please keep it coming).

These rugs are all pretty reasonable so the cost difference isn’t much. I did rule out a $500+ one I didn’t like THAT much better!

I really like the first two rugs but was concerned they’d be too busy. Appears that I’m alone in that thought!

Are you looking on RugsUsa? They have great pics of rugs in spaces. I just finished the nightmare search for a dining room rug. I’ve looked at so many rugs.
    I also worry that your runners will slide around. Even with a no slip pad under, I find my rugs all slide some. Without really being anchored much except by maybe nightstands, it’ll look sloppy. That’s my concern.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast