Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I like the 8x10. And your chevron pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I agree with this. It’s really pretty.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

I agree with a full size chevron rug (but I like the middle one too). As for size, it depended on where exactly in your room it would hit compared to the night tables. I think you need to measure and put tape down on your current floor before deciding which size rug. I prefer a big rug over runners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am trying to pick out rugs as well. Some of the rug sellers now have an option where you can upload a picture of your room and see what a specific rug will look like.
    For rugs from wayfair or overstock I have been somewhat successful using Pintrest and Google image search to find the same rug as on a site that offers this.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ncat View Post
    I am trying to pick out rugs as well. Some of the rug sellers now have an option where you can upload a picture of your room and see what a specific rug will look like.
    For rugs from wayfair or overstock I have been somewhat successful using Pintrest and Google image search to find the same rug as on a site that offers this.
    Have been playing around with the picture sites (thanks Snugglebuggles) and learning I think most look too busy.

Ironically DH showed me link to a house he liked (2x what we would pay IF we were serious about moving but...) I can see why he likes it, and ironically no rug in the bedroom. I may be leaning that way at least for now.

That won’t stop me from looking more, so please keep ideas coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If there's a hard floor down in the bedroom (wood, tile, etc), I would definitely want a rug. And I would DEFINITELY want 1 large rug but agree with above that it needs to be the right dimensions to provide enough space for a soft landing for your feet. I have been using this guide as we slowly upgrade rugs in our house:

https://studio-mcgee.com/our-guide-to-rugs/

Bigger is ALMOST ALWAYS better! But you don't want the rug so big that it's running all the way up to your walls - you want at least 2 feet away from the walls. More is good if the underlying floor is pretty and if the room is large enough.

We just changed out our 8x10 living room rug, which we thought was plenty big, for a 9x12 and HUGE difference - the larger size looks SO much better. If you're set on blue tones, you could try a blue texture on a subtle or larger pattern vs a bold repeating pattern. For example:

https://annieselke.com/Rugs/Shop-Rug...l-Rug/p/DA1026

I would also consider a texture-y chunky neutral and add color through your other textiles/accessories.
    https://annieselke.com/Rugs/Shop-Rug...l-Rug/p/DA1186

We're generally upgrading to Ruggables since we want the washability (dog, kids). The standard rugs are not "cozy" but they look great AND they layer well. For example, in our living room we have the large 9x12 ruggable and layered a thick quad faux fur rug on top (from Costco) which provides enough space for the occasional sitting-on-the-floor and adds the cozy factor. I am loving the "layered" rug looks these days too.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 04-08-2021 at 10:21 AM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I am loving the "layered" rug looks these days too.
    Shudder! Picking one rug sucks enough let alone 2!

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would like the ruggable option for our formal dining room. But I’m wondering how bulky a 8 x 10 rug would be for our washer(our washer has a large capacity actually). The only reason I’m considering a rug for the dining room is I want to lighten up the space.

By the way, the AR option to view in your room really is great. Of course, it does not tell you anything about the texture but atleast you get a visual for how it goes with the rest of your decor.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It sounds like you would really prefer the runners. Go for it. Your room is your design playroom, there is no reason you shouldn't play with it. I love large rugs because of the clean lines and the space they create, but if you like the runners, you should try them, the room is uncluttered enough that you can play with that look
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for the added input.

I still have a bit of time so will likely continue to (over)think about it. Do think I may end up with a solid neutral although I was initially thinking patterned - it solves some of my “too busy” issues with every pattern I like.

Am also realizing/remembering that it’s not a “forever” decision. If I go with two smaller and hate it I can either send back immediately or change it out in a few years.

Good news out of this is that I found the rug for another bedroom. Most of you will be happy to know that for that room I like “one large”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We did runners with a rug at the end of the bed as well... 20 years later, the runners are no longer wanted and we just replaced the rug at the end of the bed. If it were up to me, we would have all hardwood without throw rugs, but the dog loves to sleep on the rug and DH sided with the dog !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast