Our school is returning to more in person days in a few weeks. Kids had been at 6ft masked in the classroom and will now be at masked at 3ft (head to head not desk to desk). My biggest concern is lunch. Some grades will continue to eat at 6ft in cafeteria or other large rooms. But some, including one of my kids classes, are scheduled to eat in their classrooms every other day and will only be 3ft head to head for eating with possibly plastic barriers added (although currently our district doesn’t seem to have enough of these to make that work for everyone). I really want to feel ok with sending my kids back for more in person learning but this particular 3ft lunch set up is making me uneasy. We have not done in person dining at all- in restaurants or others’ homes so eating inside in general already makes me worried - but the 3ft makes me really worried, especially bc all the cdc and state guidance I see still says 6ft for inside dining.

Curious to hear how other schools are doing lunch and if you would have concerns with this 3ft set up.