Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

NY State just updated their K-12 mandatory guidelines and lunch must still be 6ft apart and said specifically that if the classroom has been adjusted to less than 6ft, under new CDC guidance, then kids cannot eat lunch in their classrooms.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We are 6 ft apart in classrooms (or lunchroom for my youngest) and I’d be OK with 3 only at this point because all adults they have contact with are vaccinated and my oldest will get his first next week. Hard to say because we’ve been in person since August very successfully, but with the 6 ft rule.

So I’d guess that at the beginning of the year, no...that would not have been cool. But, I’d add that the existence of barriers or not would have been a big factor. If there were certain to be barriers, I’d be more swayed to yes.

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    NY State just updated their K-12 mandatory guidelines and lunch must still be 6ft apart and said specifically that if the classroom has been adjusted to less than 6ft, under new CDC guidance, then kids cannot eat lunch in their classrooms.
    Do you have a NYS link that shows this?! We are NY too. That would be super helpful to send to my district!

ETA: I found it - thanks for the heads up on this.
    Last edited by acmom; 04-13-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2