This might be a longshot, but here goes...

I have been waking up on the dot at 4:00 am ever since the time change. I'm imagining that this will eventually adjust to my normal 5:00 am in time but because this occasionally happens in other circumstances (waking up early) I'm wondering if there are any good techniques for getting BACK to sleep.

I'm TIRED at 4. But my mind just can't quiet down and I'm not good at letting it relax. I'm kind of excited to be awake even though my body isn't ready.

FWIW, I'm great at getting myself to sleep at night. For YEARS now (maybe 10 or more!) I have an exercise where I imagine that I suddenly live in someone else's home and how I would make it work for our family. I know this sounds random but it works GREAT. As much as I'd love to stay up and think about this task, I inevitably fall asleep within 5 minutes.

That technique DOES NOT work in the morning! I end up designing the whole house, lol. Then I'm tired for the rest of the day. Usually I'm happier if I just get up and get something done. But I just wondered if anyone has any tips for visualizations or things to think about that work in the morning? It is like it has to be somewhat boring but interesting things only make me more awake...I haven't tried "counting sheep" (which sounds super boring--so maybe I should?) but I'm thinking some kind of mind game along those lines?

TIA!